Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Now I know the stitching here looks um... not good lol - but once it gets attached it will be barely noticeable and is meant as reinforcement. It's my first build so its more about the learning and perfecting the process.

bcfac858dc933afcffb756ea6c95208a.jpg

Edited by Pyrates

With neck hole ready it became time to add reinforcement for concealed zipper. Using even more heat bond 1/2" tape I sealed a flap of material together and cut to the length I needed.

Edited by Pyrates

After that I sealed it to the location of the zipper on the bib with more heat bond tape

48f484e33e5aa28f3dc026438959f79b.jpg

REMEMBER TO LEAVE A GAP BETWEEN THE TAPE TO ALLOW FOR THE ZIPPER!

Edited by Pyrates

Now its time to bring it all together, burn any fraying fabric with a lighter, final clean-up and prepare for the most difficult part of the build. Attaching the collar to the bib.I made a small cut in the center of collar in the zipper location to create my starting locations so that the material will sit more flat in the back and have more wrinkle up front. I assure you this part can get really frustrating for those who have never sewed before so take a lot of breaks. I admit it's difficult not to speed up when the finish line is in visual range but taking those breaks helped me keep my sanity as I haven't sewn anything for 10 years besides putting buttons back on :laugh1:

2c66726f001934861ab79e769cdae5dd.jpg

Edited by Pyrates

Next, I stitched on the zipper. Then I carefully cut the center gap, on the reinforced zipper area, using scissors the length of the zipper.

a9fe432b846376ab2a807814bcc96aa9.jpg

Edited by Pyrates

The only modifications left are to stitch down where the material sticks up of my chest as seen in the last pic. I'm pretty happy with the results, and know what I would do differently next time. Might make a "Mark 2" but not sure - thoughts and opinions are appreciated here mates. (Its the only way to get better) :jc_doublethumbup:

Nice work on the neck seal, and impressive work on the boba fett helmet. It looks like a clone now lol

Lol - thought it bad form to wear a bounty hunter helmet to a TK party

And it is a Clone Helmet that I had buried in another box

Edited by Pyrates

Loving the excitement and craftsmanship in this thread already, way to go Aaron :jc_doublethumbup:

I'll be following this one for sure :popcorn:

Coming from you good sir that's a huge compliment - many, many humble thanks and appreciation.

Right then, time for a Sit-Rep!

Received my "PGA" Men's Long Sleeve Compression T-Shirt and H2H Sport Men's Skin Tight Compression Running Pants today from Amazon - 4 days late but happy with the products after a test fit.

54ca840168fd5c6173dacb2d47ad2edd.jpg

Also received shipping notice from TrooperBay that my Helmet Kit and my extra goodies are on the way (kid in a candy store with that shop - love it!)

There is one package due any day now that has me constantly listening for a truck and searching my front step everyday that I get home - not my armor but just as important I believe. Cheers mates!

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

This whole thread is a fun read mate! I'm also waiting for my AP box to arrive in the same batch as you, and am also going centurian (TK). Now following your thread. Great work on the neck seal!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This whole thread is a fun read mate! I'm also waiting for my AP box to arrive in the same batch as you, and am also going centurian (TK). Now following your thread. Great work on the neck seal!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

Cheers and thank-you kindly. I assure that I will be watching yours as well - Troopers helping Troopers Hoo-Wah!

So another sit rep - after review of the neck seal on the CRL I have decided to make a "Mark II". I will be using the same process as before except for the bib will be made of an extra compression shirt by Everlast from Walmart. The collar will be contoured to closely match the bevels toward the chin as seen on the Han and Luke (whining) picture lol.

• Like 1

Tried them on and - for me - the up-size recommendation was right. I wear a Size 12 and ordered a US 13 - I also have wide feet. They fit like a glove now and will have room for the custom heat mold insoles I'm going to buy from Mark's Work Warehouse. One step closer to Centurion - and one great way to start the weekend!