Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Bicep hooks - 22mm wide bent using the heat gun - now glued and clamped

23C4D941-BA0C-4FCF-9E0D-5DD879510ABC_zps

8213424B-4B68-49B3-81B7-230A31146852_zps

I did this as well, find it helps keep the biceps strait. i do have them snap strapped to the bells too. 

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

I did this as well, find it helps keep the biceps strait. i do have them snap strapped to the bells too.

That is an excellent idea! If those ever come apart I will add snaps to them as well - cheers and thank-you!

Awesome progress!  Per your hard hat liner, I was looking at one of those too but wasn't sure about the tension adjustment knob.  That clears just fine inside the helmet?

I'm stuck between this or pads..meh

Awesome progress! Per your hard hat liner, I was looking at one of those too but wasn't sure about the tension adjustment knob. That clears just fine inside the helmet?

I'm stuck between this or pads..meh

Yes the adjustment knob fits - even with my big heed

Yes the adjustment knob fits - even with my big heed

haha!  my big nahgan is what I'm worried about too!

the bicep hooks are they to just keep them straps from possibly riding up?  I never seemed to have that problem with my last armor.

haha! my big nahgan is what I'm worried about too!

the bicep hooks are they to just keep them straps from possibly riding up? I never seemed to have that problem with my last armor.

Yes the hooks are for the elastics and were used in ANH - you can see them when Han is sitting in the control room with Chewy and the Boss's kid

Yes the hooks are for the elastics and were used in ANH - you can see them when Han is sitting in the control room with Chewy and the Boss's kid

Ah ok very cool..didn't know that!

• Like 1

The only issue with the ones with the adjustment knob opposed to the snap back ones is you won't have as much free space to stuff electronics if you go that route. No way I could fit my icomm, SHA, and their respective amps/battery packs. 

The only issue with the ones with the adjustment knob opposed to the snap back ones is you won't have as much free space to stuff electronics if you go that route. No way I could fit my icomm, SHA, and their respective amps/battery packs.

Cheers Jason - very valid point and performed a dry fit first to make sure it didn't take up too much space - I will have lots of room for Tony's goodies once I can afford them.

How's your system by the way you lucky Sandy?

Everything worked great but I was unable to use the SHA system because the fans I have now cause a lot of vibration on the bucket which the mics pick up on. I could hear decent enough at my troop without them but they will definitely help. Once Echo gets caught up and I can get his fan system I plan on doing Tony's conversion and using the battery source in my chest plate too. 

• Like 1

Well mates, my Hero build lies in the hands of Troopermaster. I have PM'd him to inquire about getting a hero helmet kit as my ears do not fit properly on my bucket.

So my helmet build is on hold till I hear back.

Keep calm and FISD on

Still lots to do on the armor

• Like 3

Trooper master...can't go wrong there either. But you can't get the ear pieces from Mark?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

Trooper master...can't go wrong there either. But you can't get the ear pieces from Mark?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

No, unfortunately AP does not make Hero

• Like 1

Why don't you just make your AP stunt and get approved while you're waiting for the TM helmet? You can get another belt so you can do both.

Because I gave my stunt ears to help another recruit.

• Like 1

Well we can't really get mad at that but you might as well order a new set! What are you going to do with an ear less bucket?

Undo the teeth I filled in and make a HWT bucket when I have funds again then it will be easier to switch to a Sandy later when the armor wears down