Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Wow, that's intense. Your butt plate ain't going anywhere! (You'll be able to rock out with out worrying about your butt flying off!;))

Thanks mate!

Nicely done! I'd used Velcro, but you're doing awesome on this!

Many thanks Dan!

I considered Velcro at first - the only reason I chose to go this route is to avoid the tearing noise of Velcro during movement.

• Like 1

Liking this idea! Where did you get the rubber mat?

A liquidation store - they can be found at Home Depot as well - Flooring Department

• Like 1

A brilliant idea Angie (Fist bump)! If I may, can I suggest using a baby or toddler sock instead - this way it doesn't fray as much from frequent use?

Another thing too - I have never read or seen a thread like that so you should do a mod thread showing your process

A-Aron... someone else gave me the idea, but you know that massively huge build thread I have going.. the idea is in there some where.. Laugh.. I can't take credit when it was another persons idea.. I merely pass on the knowledge that has been passed to me... Great idea on the toddler sock btw!

Perhaps I'll include that when I start the actual build process instead of just the ramp up and research questions.  My goodness.. how long do you think my build thread will be .. it's like 20+ now with just preliminary research, questions, and build discussions!!! Laugh

just keep it all movin' along A-Aron.. your stuff looks awesome!

• Like 2

A-Aron... someone else gave me the idea, but you know that massively huge build thread I have going.. the idea is in there some where.. Laugh.. I can't take credit when it was another persons idea.. I merely pass on the knowledge that has been passed to me... Great idea on the toddler sock btw!

Perhaps I'll include that when I start the actual build process instead of just the ramp up and research questions. My goodness.. how long do you think my build thread will be .. it's like 20+ now with just preliminary research, questions, and build discussions!!! Laugh

just keep it all movin' along A-Aron.. your stuff looks awesome!

Thank-you lass

Last night I decided to take it easy and do a once over of the basement outpost and get the sewing machine out to start making straps. I also ran out of snaps and E-6000 which I will pickup today along with my 3M headlight restoration kit. This way I can polish up the armor prior to putting on the snaps. I think I will look into my trooper tote today too so as each finished piece can be stored safely.

Oh man, have you sensed it...

...There has been an awakening and my fellow AP recruits are getting closer to deployment.

Awwww ya baby - Git'r'done!

• Like 3

What's left besides waiting for the TM bucket?

The following:

1. Complete Sniper plate using E-6000 and Fix-it-Stick

2. Complete other thigh

3. Attach small ammo belt to thigh

4. Complete snap plates

5. Complete last remaining forearm

6. Complete & Attach drop boxes

7. Attach holster

8. Complete strapping/webbing

9. Paint ab buttons

10. Install rivets

11. Shin closures

12. Fitting & Install foam pads where required

13. Polish

14. Helmet

Hoping to knock a lot off the list tonight once I've resupplied.

• Like 2

Many thanks Dan!

I considered Velcro at first - the only reason I chose to go this route is to avoid the tearing noise of Velcro during movement.

That noise doesn't happen my friend, as the butt and kidney plate don't move around too much. No shifting, or side moving, when bending (the very little as you're able to) it doesn't affect the connection either.
  • Like 1

Last night I decided to take it easy and do a once over of the basement outpost and get the sewing machine out to start making straps. I also ran out of snaps and E-6000 which I will pickup today along with my 3M headlight restoration kit. This way I can polish up the armor prior to putting on the snaps. I think I will look into my trooper tote today too so as each finished piece can be stored safely.

Oh man, have you sensed it...

...There has been an awakening and my fellow AP recruits are getting closer to deployment.

Awwww ya baby - Git'r'done!

TKs don't have headlights! Lol don't need them restored or added, so totally unnecessary, unless you've gone and made plans for a disco trooper behind out backs lol
  • Like 2

TKs don't have headlights! Lol don't need them restored or added, so totally unnecessary, unless you've gone and made plans for a disco trooper behind out backs lol

It's to touch up assembly markings and light scratches acquired through the build and my kidney notch locations that the Novus can't remove - don't want myself too shiny.

• Like 1

It's to touch up assembly markings and light scratches acquired through the build and my kidney notch locations that the Novus can't remove - don't want myself too shiny.

Bah, shiny is good, shiny is great, shiny is Deathstar quality lol

• Like 1

Dan.. you can polish my armor when I get it built okay? Laugh..

If I do it I'll spend too much time using it as a mirror to fix my hair! ~Laugh ~ KIDDING!!!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2