AP ESB Build WIP

Look's like this party turned into just a hang out Aaron my man. I wish I could get the kind of following you have on your thread lol. I need to start posting more progress, I'm not being entertaining enough.

You've got my following, just quiet at times. All is looking well, and doing a great job!

• Like 2

Look's like this party turned into just a hang out Aaron my man. I wish I could get the kind of following you have on your thread lol. I need to start posting more progress, I'm not being entertaining enough.

Dave my comrade - while I'm humbled and honored from the response from my thread (and thank-you for thinking such - too kind) it's all about supporting and helping one another in this stellar community to achieve our goal to troop and our own gratification that we did it.

Ā 

It's not about the size of the party but who's in it.

Ā 

A lot of times if you don't see posts on your thread it generally means your headed in the right direction or that people don't know how to help with your dilemma. When you don't get a response from a thread question then PM our vetted troopers out there regardless if you haven't spoken to them prior.

Ā 

For weeks I avoided asking questions as I don't like to impose on people's time out of respect and even more so when they part of the administration (as you know they are working hard at providing and maintaining a great environment to learn) but doing that didn't get me answers and gave me more frustration.

Ā 

After a good virtual punch in the shoulder (metaphorically speaking) from Dan and Tony I've learned to "Just do it" - ask any and all questions regardless of their stature here, meet anyone and everyone, and help carry the FISD torch so that the fresh recruits have a light to follow.

Ā 

Let's keep climbing brother -we can and will do it - (virtual punch in the shoulder with a big ol' brotherly hug)

• Like 2

Aaron it's stuff like this that gives me the feels :). you're the best and you made my day for sure. Big ole hug right back man.

Ā 

Ā 

And Danny Boy, get on in here. lol

Ā 

Dave my comrade - while I'm humbled and honored from the response from my thread (and thank-you for thinking such - too kind) it's all about supporting and helping one another in this stellar community to achieve our goal to troop and our own gratification that we did it.

It's not about the size of the party but who's in it.

A lot of times if you don't see posts on your thread it generally means your headed in the right direction or that people don't know how to help with your dilemma. When you don't get a response from a thread question then PM our vetted troopers out there regardless if you haven't spoken to them prior.

For weeks I avoided asking questions as I don't like to impose on people's time out of respect and even more so when they part of the administration (as you know they are working hard at providing and maintaining a great environment to learn) but doing that didn't get me answers and gave me more frustration.

After a good virtual punch in the shoulder (metaphorically speaking) from Dan and Tony I've learned to "Just do it" - ask any and all questions regardless of their stature here, meet anyone and everyone, and help carry the FISD torch so that the fresh recruits have a light to follow.

Let's keep climbing brother -we can and will do it - (virtual punch in the shoulder with a big ol' brotherly hug)

• Like 2

Aaron it's stuff like this that gives me the feels :). you're the best and you made my day for sure. Big ole hug right back man.

Ā 

Ā 

And Danny Boy, get on in here. lol

Lol umm... If you require that virtual punch in the arm, you'll get it. Now get back to work recruit, we don't have all day lol
  • Like 3

You guys are the best! I did a bit of trimming over the weekend. the 13mm cover strip looks like it's going to fit nicely. For the forearms I may give them a bath for fitting.Ā 

Ā 

All of the arm strips are the same width right? thought I'd throw it out there before I move on to getting the biceps ready.

• Like 2

Yeah that's how I understand it. I've done 16mm for all arms, front and back. Its never really been officially settled what the actual widths should be, just a range. I've done what is generally considered approximate (16mm arms and 20mm legs). This varies though and should be proportionate to your size, which if i have been paying attention on your thread is what you're doing anyway with your 13mm

Ā 

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Exactly Kris! Yeah its not a huge difference but it looks better and more form fitting. I've been following closely and I'm just taking liberties where I need to. I'm going to be using Tony's thready more closely now. That in edition to Haribon's (Walter for his ESB) I hope I can do more tonight!

Yeah that's how I understand it. I've done 16mm for all arms, front and back. Its never really been officially settled what the actual widths should be, just a range. I've done what is generally considered approximate (16mm arms and 20mm legs). This varies though and should be proportionate to your size, which if i have been paying attention on your thread is what you're doing anyway with your 13mm

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 2

Getting concerned... I have my arm parts cut but the parts are still looking a little bit when I dry fitted. Probably need some padding I don't know if I need to dry fit before adding my strips.Ā 

Ā 

What did you guys do before adding the strips?

• Like 1

A bit of progress was made last night and the night before. Low and Slow as always...

Ā 

Anyway. I managed to get the arm parts trimmed and sanded. Below will show how I measured approximately 6.5mm for my 13mm cover strip. I measured from the outside ridge where the joint area starts all along end to end and clamped a meter stick for accuracy. I then used an exacto blade and razor blade to score and snap the excess. I did this for both sides of all of the arm amour.

Ā 

IMG_4944_zpsez0pdazw.jpg

IMG_4945_zps8vkz8p0s.jpg

IMG_4946_zpsyjhmx9fp.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Now here are all of the pieces trimmed and sanded.

Ā 

Back:

Ā 

IMG_4953_zps3cqmbeko.jpg

Ā 

Front:

IMG_4958_zpsp0thzoi9.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Front Closeup (because I only had the back last time:

IMG_4959_zpsnsal6owe.jpg

IMG_4960_zpsy48qt5ma.jpg

IMG_4961_zpsfwio8qdh.jpg

Ā 

Next wasw fitting. Tape 'er up with your painters tape and see where you need to make sanding adjustments. I had to go at it again in the one of the forearms and biceps but all in all they fit great!

IMG_4963_zps73n2vhsq.jpg

IMG_4964_zpsuxja6yww.jpg

IMG_4965_zpsdfo2apdt.jpg

Ā 

Middle Finger not intended lolĀ 

IMG_4967_zpsaztgowsb.jpg

IMG_4969_zpsnzetmlmc.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Next I had some "fun" with E6000 and cover strips... I found the best way (and I did strips on the inside and outside of the armour for strength) was to do one strip on the outside on one side of the piece and one on the inside on the parallel side of the armour piece. Repeat the process but opposite on the other clamshell of the armour so when joining them they will fit together easier and the glueing will go easier. I glued the strips to the individual pieces first left overnight and then will affix each side to it's opposite at a time after 24hours

Ā 

Because let me tell you trying to glue and join both sides of the clamshell at once with 2 sets of in and out C-strips is a nightmare, needless to say I got glue everywhere before I took this approach see below.

Ā 

IMG_4971_zps3kmhgvte.jpg

IMG_4972_zps1jdzpbtn.jpg

IMG_4973_zpscu188bjr.jpg

IMG_4974_zpszi7yf6qj.jpg

• Like 1

You had me scared there for a second lol Yeah yeah like I said I am a rail. I cannot put on weight for the life of me. In all seriousness opinions on the strips and trimming?

Ā 

We've got an under fed Trooper here I need some Big Mac's stat

The only comment I can make is that you should be wearing your under suit shirt when trying on your upper armor parts so you can see more accurately how things fit and look.

Ā 

Other than that mate I can't see anything with my evil eye.

• Like 1

Posted Today, 12:44 PM

The only comment I can make is that you should be wearing your under suit shirt when trying on your upper armor parts so you can see more accurately how things fit and look.

Other than that mate I can't see anything with my evil eye.
But you're right I definitely should have had my undersuit on... I did a fit with it the day before seemed fine.