HOWTO: Make your ANOVOS TFA kit more accurate

SolderMaster

Not exactly, but if you look closely at screen shots this is what it looks like. 

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Premium-Grade-Gaffer-Gafferpower%C2%AE/dp/B00GZE3UJ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1445624208&sr=8-2&keywords=black+gaffers+tape 

EDIT: To be clear, I've been told the counter edge material is what was also used behind the pill boxes and from the counter edge pictures I've seen, it's look almost identical to the black gaffers tape.

Not exactly, but if you look closely at screen shots this is what it looks like. 

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Premium-Grade-Gaffer-Gafferpower%C2%AE/dp/B00GZE3UJ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1445624208&sr=8-2&keywords=black+gaffers+tape 

EDIT: To be clear, I've been told the counter edge material is what was also used behind the pill boxes and from the counter edge pictures I've seen, it's look almost identical to the black gaffers tape.

Thanks - in the end that is what I used on my pill boxes.  (more) Accurate and didn't even know it...but it would be great to make that small change.  I wonder if we'll ever know the exact type of counter edge material?

• Like 1

Thanks - in the end that is what I used on my pill boxes.  (more) Accurate and didn't even know it...but it would be great to make that small change.  I wonder if we'll ever know the exact type of counter edge material?

Rumor has it  ;) Formica, textured black though I'm sure Disney will not be disclosing the mfg p/n anytime soon or, at all.

I don't know if this would help but this is the Augmented Reality FOTK from the Star Wars app on the iPhone, my guess is that since it's from the official app then if must be modelled after the official armor, hope it helps!<br>

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I hope this helps some of you guys with your armor !

• 1 month later...

can someone point me in the direction to help me assemble the Anovos shoulder gasket.. im a lil lost!   Thanks in advance!  Great build thread!!! Was hoping to find it here

If you wish you can follow the TFA TK link in my signature.

can anyone explain how the front chest armor is strapped onto the torso?

The Chest and Yoke (back and shoulder) float over the torso (ab and kidney section) they do not physically attach to it however, how you choose to affix the chest to the Yoke is another thing. Some attach a piece of elastic or nylon webbing between the left and right yoke front sections then place a rivet dead center that attaches to the chest. Others like myself use velcro. There may be other ways but these are them most common.

Just wanting to get some responses to something here.

I've seen (someplace) talk about the TD having visible seams on it.  Is this something that anyone has confirmed somewhere/how as of yet?  Mine is glued together, but I haven't done any filling/sanding yet because I want to verify one war or the other on this before I do.

Also, if there are any other "new" bits of information that have been uncovered that anyone can think of, please share them here as well?  One repository of updated information is much better than multiple threads being made for any one particular update.  :D

Thanks, everyone.

Just wanting to get some responses to something here.

I've seen (someplace) talk about the TD having visible seams on it.  Is this something that anyone has confirmed somewhere/how as of yet?  Mine is glued together, but I haven't done any filling/sanding yet because I want to verify one war or the other on this before I do.

Also, if there are any other "new" bits of information that have been uncovered that anyone can think of, please share them here as well?  One repository of updated information is much better than multiple threads being made for any one particular update.   :D

Thanks, everyone.

Seams? where? Interesting

I do believe that I read that there was a seam on the top or the bottom of it. Naturally, that was possibly mentioned in a discussion on Facebook as if it were here, it may have caught more notice and been catalogued someplace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The,seams,are where the td attaches to the long part.<br>

Tge td itself is seamless but there is,a,seam line where the round part attaches to the rectangle.<br>

Look at the pic I posted thats a screen used td showing the seam <br>

You also see it in some of the trailer shots, just like the ab boxes,are not seamless.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

The,seams,are where the td attaches to the long part.<br>

Tge td itself is seamless but there is,a,seam line where the round part attaches to the rectangle.<br>

Look at the pic I posted thats a screen used td showing the seam <br>

You also see it in some of the trailer shots, just like the ab boxes,are not seamless.

Not that you need my confirmation but you're correct Frank. Also, the rectangular section is bowed at least a 1/2" between top and bottom, not that this matters given the ANOVOS armor is virtually flat, screen armor isn't. 

On a final note, once the movie comes out most will discover the ANOVOS armor is quite different from screen armor anyways. This thread will virtually explode.