Knockerbot large AP build

You can easily join two shoulder straps togheter to get the length desired, just do a straight cut between the ribs and join the two halves together with a thin piece of abs strip full lenght at the bottom of the straps using ABS glue, the seam will be invisible. But if chest is too small for your size the best solution is getting a AM chest and back though not screen accurate in size but at least it will fit you.

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

UPDATED: 02/05/2016

Hello Chris,

I saw your message on my Centurion page (sorry so late) and found your build thread (thanks to your signature hyperlink).

I have not worked on AP armor yet.   We have a member in our garrison with an AP kit.   I'm looking forward to his team build and understanding AP armor.

Since ABS80 (the armor maker) chimed in and presented the best way to help you, I went ahead and deleted my original post. 

I'm sure he will be able to assist you moving forward and continue to guide you. 

You did a spectacular job on your shim extensions already.   I'll stop by from time to time to visit your build.
Keep up the great work!

Walter
Edited by Haribon72
  • Like 2

The notch should be lower than the AB not flush, don't round off the corners of AB  they should be square, DON'T RELY ON JUST ONE PHOTO!

I purposely did the AB extentions at a proper angle so it doesn't affect the positioning of the kidney plate so the "L" sits in correct place even at full extent.

As you can see the AB and kidney are flush at the top and the notch is lower at the bottom. This is the correct way.

ANH_armour.jpg

Edited by ABS80

Best is to fill the recess area with a piece of scrap ABS then fill seams with abs paste then wet sand /polish, avoid using full bondo/ fillers it will just crack or chip in time and color won't match, using the abs from same plastic and abs paste will be a perfect color match.

Edited by ABS80

Keep up the outstanding work Eric, but take your time and if you do need a break, we will all still be here for you when you get back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm a bit concerned about the size of these boots. They are like slightly tight not tight enought to return. Does anyone know a way to stretch them a little and work them in quickly? I remember an old army vet saying wear two wet pairs of works socks and put the boots on until the socks and boots are dry. Thats how they would work in their leather combat boots at least.

I'm a bit concerned about the size of these boots. They are like slightly tight not tight enought to return. Does anyone know a way to stretch them a little and work them in quickly? I remember an old army vet saying wear two wet pairs of works socks and put the boots on until the socks and boots are dry. Thats how they would work in their leather combat boots at least.

Take them to a local shoe maker and they will be able to stretch them for you

• Like 1

Dude my tks were the sa.e I wore them around house for a week they softened right up also wore a very thin sock too.. Unfortunately I don't need them for my TD as I have others (non centurion) so they are tucked away untill its TK time again.

• Like 1

That sucks man, try your boot stretching option at the shoe guy near your place, 

That's crazy.. I'm also slightly flat footed as well. I did hear Imperials so run more narrow than TKS as well..

Extra small. I'm honestly a 10.5 and 12s are way tight

Alright, I've decided to go sand trooper. As hard as it was to decide to change I think it's what will look best with the needed changes. <br><br>

I won't need shoulder straps and I like the look anyways. I really like the people I've met here and don't see any reason not to keep coming to this detachment to visit and post but I will be continuing my build at MEPD. <br><br>

Thanks guys.