Knockerbot large AP build

I'm starting to think I'm too big for this set guys. Shoulders seem too thick, I mocked it up and even with only 2-3 small bars onto the chest and the plastic shoulder strap just barely touches the back. Also the space between the chest and the shoulder bell is large.

the space is about 2 inches and the chest looks ill-fitting if I bring it down to where it should be on the abs. I think that's because my belly stretches the abs to a point they shouldn't be at. I'm too wide at the abs and too thick and wide at the shoulders. 

Every hobby that I've ever taken up, at some point made me question what I was doing. RC everything, scale models, guitar.. I've learned that sometimes maybe you do need to just put the guitar down and walk away, or take a break from crashing expensive rc planes or helicopters.. or trucks! But I always come back to them at some point and I'm glad that have. Each of those hobbies over the years have become a very satisfying and rewarding ventures for me. Take a break if you need to, a couple of days.. a week.. But don't give up, buddy! There's plenty of help here to help you get it done!

• Like 2

Well the abs, kidneys, and arms fit for sure. Shoulders will look better if I had a bigger chest plate and the back may be too small too. I don't know if you replace the chest if the back would look weird.

Possibly. Two extra parts though, and you would be right back on track. It's just a matter of knowing your alternatives.

You have done such a great job so far, and this will turn out to be just a minor setback, once you get to the end. Take a break if need be, and come back to it when you are ready. We will be here to cheer you on and help in any way we can. :)

Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 1

I think I'm done guys... I just don't think I can make it work.

Hiccups happen and I concur with the guys - breaks help to give new perspective and a refreshed approach. I believe you're pushing yourself too hard. We all can be our own worst critics at times.

This is all very new and hard to digest, on top of excitement, a high level build, the desire to troop and life outside of Storm Troopers but you can do this!

As for your size, yes I just went there, don't let it stop you from seeing that one precious moment when your boy will look up at you in awe when you first don your armor. He doesn't care about the little details or how things are supposed to look. He just sees his Dad is now his own personal Stormtrooper - how many kids have their Dad as an action figure?

Whatever path you follow brother I always got your six - always -

Don't make me go play your drums.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 3

Eric,

Take a breath.. you can do this. I am sure there will be armor parties coming in the spring. it's not that far off. Then you'll have experienced guys to help you sort your armor.  It is not the end.

I know you had hopes to make it to certain events, but those will come, and they come again as well. I have seen pictures of "bigger" guys in the armor and it looks fine.

There are plenty of people here to help you as well.

You have been going hard since the day you got your armor.. clear your mind.. give yourself some time.. a solution may come to mind or someone here might have an answer to help you.

Perhaps take pictures of the section you are having issues with.. help the people here give you ideas as to how to sort out the issue or advise if it is even an issue at all.

Keep your chin up, you can do it !!

• Like 2

I agree with Angie Bro, you're doing a great job. just slow down or you'll lose your mind. I'm in the same boat. I'm not even finished with my helmet some days I literally stare at it and think wtf do I do next... I found the more I think about it the more mistakes, scuffs and dings I make in it I had to sit myself down and say you need to slow the f down here, read your material and be precise. I've come to terms with the ears, the teeth and the brow I had to slap myself and say there is no perfect way to do this because imperfection is canon lol

• Like 2

It's an easy fix mate, AM back and chest.. They're bigger than AP. You can do this. All of us here are behind you, but you need to want to do this too.<br><br>

Like everyone has said, take a break, or work on another part of the armour while you wait for AM parts to come in. <br><br>

You've been working really hard at this, and it'd be a shame to see you give up now. Don't give up, we are here for you.

• Like 2

Thank guys, I'm calming down about it today. I was at the flipping tables point yesterday.<br><br>

Chwillis is hunting for straps for at least 3 of us. US two and I believe she goes by TKZOMBIE on here. <br><br>

I need min 12-13 inch (APs around 9inch) I'd like 15 inch to look the best. <br><br>

So there's a few options, one I really want because it's easiest which would be RT mod sending some 15 inch parts except it will most likely not be a match in colour. Second and best looking in terms of colour would be AP sells us some and we splice them together. Hell of a lot of work but I can make it look nice. Third and one I want to do the least is ATA for sure can sell us sets for not too much (dont want to get edited for prices) but I don't think splicing those in would look good so we would each need 2 new sets and then do the splicing. <br><br>

Now my chest not laying down as far as it should could be fixed by a heat gun. That scares me and I don't want to do it but if it's the only way to make the bottom go wider and not as round then I may have to do it.<br><br>

Meanwhile I'm going to start working on losing weight. I drink a lot of pop and eat tons of snacks. Cutting those out will help.<br><br>

Lastly I'm going to skip the torso for a few weeks and keep pressing on with the cover strips and maybe start the legs. I find those relaxing. <br><br>

Thoughts, Ideas? <br><br>

Also if the DOs read this are the 9.5mm splits close enough or are we going shopping?

• Like 2

It seems that Chwillis has decided to go sandy so I'm stealing his bridges for the price of a large tea from Tim Hortons lol. He did trim the edges in a little too far but that just making a 1/8th inch strip for each side of the patch.

Now I have to figure out how to patch something that has no depth to it at all. I'm thinking straight up wire held on by jb weld. Pre bend everything so the jb doesnt have to flex. and patch the lines with ABS paste or find a paintable glue that doesn't melt abs.