embarassing question....

Darth Voorhees

Actually I don't think we know. It comes from ANH when the officer radios the Luke an says "TK421 why aren't you at your post, TK421 do you copy."

From that line, all stormtroopers are TKs.

TK Trooper Kleen

TD Trooper Dirty

TS Trooper Siberia

TB Tuberculosis

TX Texas

LOL :)

Yeah, since it's all Monday morning quarterbacking your explanation is valid as anyone else's.

To wander into Serioustown for a second...

One the one hand it could be randomly generated, as parts of U.S. military serial numbers are. On the other the letters could actually have some sort of meaning. One theory I've hatched, based on EU materials, is that it's to indicate they're from the Legion/Battalion/whatever attached to TarKin's governorship. Various sources give the Stormtroopers who boarded the Tantive IV the "DV" prefix, which makes sense if they're the Stormtrooper Regiment attached to that Star Destroyer -- the DeVastator.

But that's all in-universe. Out here in our little club, we glommed onto the TK-421 designation and applied it across the Legion. Then decided we needed something to indicate non-basic-Stormtrooper costumes, so came up with variants where the "T" stands for "Trooper", and the second letter stands for the variant in question:

TB = Trooper, Biker (Scout)

TR = Trooper, Royal (Guard)

TS = Trooper, Snow

TA = Trooper, AT-AT

TD = Trooper, Desert

TX = Trooper, "Special"

...And like that.

--Jonah

If you look REEEEL CAREFULLY it looks like he stripped the walls and made his armour and

helmet out of the wallpaper... :D

I can't wait to see the floral Laura Ashley version.... :P