What is my true size?

I'm soon to finish this hunt for a tk kit, but now I realised... I have no idea what my true size is.

I'm 5,10 (179cm) and 163 lbs (74 kg). And what I thought was my waistline were 32" - because I use jeans sized 30" in the waistline. Measuring the pants I see they acutually are (16,9* 2) 33-34 inches in the waist. 

So to my body. Measuring across my waist (navel) I'm 36,6" (93cm) and hips are about 35,8(91cm).

So when I told armor makers I'm 32" at waist, I'm incorrect here? Or do they use some sort of insane factory measurements like the jeans manufacturers? I'm freaking a bit out. Surely I'm not cleared for RT-Mod....

Leading me to my last question; which armor maker would fit my bloated body now? I guess AP is way out of the picture.

0Sj4QKJ.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Measure around your belly button. That's going to be the biggest spot that needs to fit between the ab and kidney plates. Where your belt goes is pretty much irrelevant.

Measure around your belly button. That's going to be the biggest spot that needs to fit between the ab and kidney plates. Where your belt goes is pretty much irrelevant.

Measured 36,6". Not a Jersey Shore ironbelly. But that would mean that I'm maxing out an ATA kit. Makes no sense to me.

Add MTK to your list of potential matches. I am not sure of his max belly button measurement, but I am 37.5" in that area and will be trimming around 1-3" off the kidney/ab.

I am 5'10, 185 and have AP.  I had to shim 1.5 inches on both sides of the kidney, but with your size AP should fit you perfectly! 

Weightwise it's a-ok. But when I asked one of the makers I want from, if my 32" inch waist would fit... he said that I probably won't need shimming. 

Gone through most AP cent. / eib requests to see if people with my height and approx weight would fit into them. And I learned that if you're 170+ lbs, you're probably going to shim the kidneys on your AP. 

It's hard when the makers I want have a bit limited runs.

I am 5'7 147, And have a 32" waist. I fit AP perfect, I mean like a really perfect fit no room or not too tight. AP himself says it fits up to 32" I think.

Add MTK to your list of potential matches. I am not sure of his max belly button measurement, but I am 37.5" in that area and will be trimming around 1-3" off the kidney/ab.

I have MTK on my sandy. 44in waist and it fits well. Maybe about a cm gap each side.

Im 5'10" and about 75kg (about 165lbs) - and I have AP. Fits me perfectly and didn't have to shim anything. 

Good Luck!

Edit - Im a 32 - 33 waist depending on time of year ;)

Edited by HansDC

I went with WTF (walts trooper factory). Been in love with that kit for quite a while now.

I used AP as a standard for measurement, since it's the smaller / normal sized of armors out there. 

I must have missed something somewhere. I'm probably getting the AM armor, but what is the MTK? I'm sure I'm just jacking up an acronym somewhere. :)

That is the armor from that guy who owns Trooperbay. It similar to ATA.

He got a few complete kits ready to go now.