One more ROTJ TK for Germany and the Empire :)

Vocoder and frown = semi gloss

The buttons for ROTJ should be gloss black with the bottom 3 midnight blue.

Ears gloss grey and gloss black same as ANH

Thx mate
  • Like 1

Attaching the ears today. I will let them try until tomorrow and than I will start painting :)

20150524_205618_zpssmnmqggu.jpg

20150524_205626_zps9xadlwgd.jpg

In the meantime while the ears are trying I started trimming most of the parts. Final trimming will be done after the first test fitting.

20150523_184945_001_zpsusholtgz.jpg

Cheers

Chris

• Like 2

Hi guys I need a break with assembling the helmet. The right ear does not satisfy me so think I have to unglue it the 2nd time😢😢😢 I have a day off on thursday I will hopefully can fix the problem with the right ear.

I am a bit lost, need your help gathering the parts of the legs , hope you can help me 😆

20150525_210311_zpsmj875sid_edit_1432580

Edited by K@nne

Yeah more ROTJ for Germany! Erstmal hallo und viel Spaß beim basteln!

Is that your first armor?

Back to your question: actually i can't tell what part is which by seeing the picture but if you look at it you should be able to tell by yourself. Hold them together and see if it fits. Imo it's really hard to do that wrong. The thighs are super easy to identify.

To shin is a little harder but just check your own. I mean... Your real one. I saw a video where it's explained pretty well but cant find it right now.

Edited by ex507

Yeah more ROTJ for Germany! Erstmal hallo und viel Spaß beim basteln!

Is that your first armor?

Back to your question: actually i can't tell what part is which by seeing the picture but if you look at it you should be able to tell by yourself. Hold them together and see if it fits. Imo it's really hard to do that wrong. The thighs are super easy to identify.

To shin is a little harder but just check your own. I mean... Your real one. I saw a video where it's explained pretty well but cant find it right now.

Ja servus :) 

Yes it is my first armor. So I have many questions?

Ok I will try it how they will fit.

Hey folks,

I did some adjustments on the right ear. Do you think I can glue it this way? I hope it will work it is the last chance of that one :(

20150527_193135_zpsuoyzibqs.jpg

20150527_193149_001_zpscl5pxtvz.jpg

20150527_193123_zpsyoc7wpxg.jpg

thx a lot guys for your help

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

I took some time yesterday and put on the first colour (Humbrol No 5) on the ears. I wanted to start with the thrown and the voccodor but my satin black desiccated, so I have to wait until the new bottles will arrive. So I will go on with the glossy black on the ears on sunday.

20150528_210758_zpsta7qsj3w.jpg

20150528_212105_zpslmmocjc3.jpg

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Dude. If you're used to ANH because of owning one and most build threads are about ANH troopers/buckets, the rotj looks so darn strange! Don't get me wrong. Your build is great. Seeing a ROTJ just kinda feels funky to me.

But,.. Good job so far! :)

• Like 2

Thx a lot guys  :smiley-sw013:

Spend some time in the basement today to get the Hovi Mics installed. 

First I insert the mesh.....

20150530_171035_zps6wpdpvjz.jpg

.....than glued the the body together with the base plate

20150530_171407_zpscrld69tn.jpg

Installed Mics....

20150530_180223_001_zpsgpogbifl.jpg

20150530_180239_zpswdw63nph.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Edited by K@nne
  • Like 2

I like that!

Sorry, I'm not a big help concerning the helmet.

But you did great job so far.

Sent from the shield generator on Endor

No matter, you were a big help in some other cases :)

Ear painting finished today. For the first time not bad, but I need some more practice on painting :)

20150531_202513_zpssgaomh1k.jpg

20150531_202523_zpskhwpbvkz.jpg

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Chris,

Great job on your build. Everyone who has built a bucket has felt the pain of building the ears but you nailed it considering you aren't using screws on only glue. Bravo to you. My only question is your brow trim suppose to be that low ?

• Like 2

When you paint the frown, always remember to brush away from the tape, so you reduce any chances of paint bleed under the tape. It looks like you have used the correct tape for the job which is great, I on the other hand learnt the hard way and used the standard green painters tape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Chris,

Great job on your build. Everyone who has built a bucket has felt the pain of building the ears but you nailed it considering you aren't using screws on only glue. Bravo to you. My only question is your brow trim suppose to be that low ?

Thx a lot....To your question, I put brow that low because on some reference pictures the brow was that low and I like that position.

When you paint the frown, always remember to brush away from the tape, so you reduce any chances of paint bleed under the tape. It looks like you have used the correct tape for the job which is great, I on the other hand learnt the hard way and used the standard green painters tape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thx for that hint. I first thought about using the normal painters tape, but than I decided to buy this Zierlienienband / Konturenband, sry can´t find english word for that :) Normally this tape is used for painting cars....

Perfect - I'm a paint rep - also a good idea to take the tape off sooner rather than later so you don't get bleed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Perfect - I'm a paint rep - also a good idea to take the tape off sooner rather than later so you don't get bleed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point

Still waiting on the arrival of the missing Humbrol colors. So I made a first test fitting with the tights. My tights a very voluminous And i can´t trim them more. Do you think I can glue them in place like they are ? My as looking so big on the last photo  :laugh1:

20150604_113137_zps13agnpsv.jpg

20150604_113142_zpsf3s8beon.jpg

20150604_113146_zpspj7tn7rc.jpg

Edited by K@nne

Looks right.

Maybe you could try to allign the two halfs a bit more.

Then glue them in the front and try fitting the back again :)

• Like 1

Looks right.

Maybe you could try to allign the two halfs a bit more.

Then glue them in the front and try fitting the back again :)

Ok I will try what I can do. On the right I have to trim a bit more to get a flat end but I have to be carful not trim to much. Than I will try to align them in the front.