Difference between Stunt & Hero

SoCalDwat

Hi all!

I was going through the CRL today and I was wondering what the differences between the Hero & Stunt builds were. I was only able to find a couple of things (Number of blue bars on face, Number of teeth cut out and maybe the shape of the eyes?, as well as you could replace the thermal detonator with the grappling hook/comlink with the Hero build). Could anyone help explain some of the other differences?

The reason I was wondering because I watched ANH last night and really wanted to do a build with the grappling hook/comlink...  :0Lighten:     .

Thanks!

The placement of your holster is another difference, Dave, and the brow on the helmet, but I think the main problem you will find is that the grappling hook/box will be quite elusive.  I was going for Hero at first, but changed my mind while waiting for my armor.  I did end up making a grappling hook, (pictured) but it took me weeks to do, as finding one on here is like finding the Holy Grail.  For the actual box itself, I had to order it from England, (over $40.00).   The comlink was fairly easy to build, but as as I went ANH, it just sits there in my bin.  If you are REALLY handy with a Dremel, and power tools in general, you can make your own grappling hook... just Google photos of one, as I did, and go from there.  I wish you would have posted this last week, because I just sold the one I built for $70.00.  All the best to you!20150503_134005_resized_zpsdavwvdeq.thumb.jpg.b8268d8dedae83acd1687748d768a479.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Grappling hook/box and comlink is not a problem as they are an option for a hero version, so is the different hand plates.

Other differences are green bubble lenses, three ear bumps, 2 ear screws, only three teeth, holster has four mount points.

ears are completely different,  grey ear detail has three bumps with one screw for hero and four bumps with two screws for stunt, hero has bubble grey lens and stunt has flat green lens.

Edited by ABS80

• 3 weeks later...

For level 2 certification, the Hero helmet says "Lenses are green bubble or smoke bubble only."  There's no mention of the lens color or shape for level 3.

For the Stunt helmet, it says this in the basic cert: "Lenses are flat material, green in color, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes."  Can't be smoke, can't be bubble, to even be approved.  The Hero can use whatever lenses you have laying around for basic certification, which seems odd to me, but whatever.

Other than details of the helmet (of which there are a few that could seriously trip you up if you're not paying attention), the only other differences appear to be the holster having 2 (stunt) or 4 (hero) snaps holding it to the belt, and the hero build allows for the comlink/grappling hook that you want.

I thought in the end all the research proved more or less that hero helmets had green bubble lens?

Yes it was.

efx-legend-hero-disassebly.png

For level 2 certification, the Hero helmet says "Lenses are green bubble or smoke bubble only."  There's no mention of the lens color or shape for level 3.

For the Stunt helmet, it says this in the basic cert: "Lenses are flat material, green in color, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes."  Can't be smoke, can't be bubble, to even be approved.  The Hero can use whatever lenses you have laying around for basic certification, which seems odd to me, but whatever.

Other than details of the helmet (of which there are a few that could seriously trip you up if you're not paying attention), the only other differences appear to be the holster having 2 (stunt) or 4 (hero) snaps holding it to the belt, and the hero build allows for the comlink/grappling hook that you want.

Just because the CRL allows for smoke coloured lenses does not mean it's the correct colour in relation to what was used in the movies.