a weird question

hey guys im just curious of whys and whats. i have a ATA helmet and im just curious as to why it  looks sits and looks different to alot of my fellow troopers buckets? i know there are differences in sculpts and pulls etc and as i understand it ATA has some screen lineage, but it just seems to sit differently on my head or something. another trooper in my garrison has the same helmet and it looks differently to mine in photos. its kinda hard to explain so i will post a few pics to illustrate:

me next to ventress on the left:

KxOKJTZ.jpg

me on the right:

G4kVonK.jpg

now i know some of yo may say padding. but i have looked into this and we have similar systems in place, like the screen used helmets i have a star pad of foam and chin strap, the other ATA has a very similar set up. they just seem to sit more forward than mine.

so im confused. its not really a deal breaker for me but its got me curious....

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I have an ATA bucket with a foam star too, and I don't have this problem. Maybe you could adjust the padding so that your helmet leans more forward? I really don't think it's the shape of the helmet. To make mine fit properly I had to cut pieces off the foam star to make it thinner in some places, maybe you should try the same?

Don't get me wrong, but is it possible, that it has nothing to do with your helmet but with the shape of your head?

In my bucket for instance, I don't have any padding at all above my head, because I have a very long head and would not be able to look out of the eye openings, if there was any padding.

Did you try switching the helmets with your fellow ATA trooper to see how that one fits and behaves?

I dont see anything wrong with it. I have both ATA and MTk buckets. No padding in my MTK, very little in my ATA. The ATA fits much tighter and can see a heck of a lot better out of it, and with no fans, it doesnt fog up 

Depending on the head size/shape it might be useful to vary with the padding from thick, to medium or thin.

My TM bucket had the foam star padding. It lifted the helmet too far away from my shoulders, so I used a much thinner foam.

Variations in foam placement (towards front or rear) can affect the position of the helmet on your head.

Hope this helped...

All those helmets you posted next to it are all casted from the same helmet your ATA was from. Its just the padding in the helmet and the shape of your head. Although I don't see anything wrong with it.

I don't see how the forward leaning look of the helmet is something to strive towards. It looks strange, like you're constantly looking towards the ground, or hiding your cheek.

My helmet is a wee bit small for me if I'm totally honest. I couldn't fit amy fans in there and can only just squeeze my head in with my mic. It's not that I'm striving for a particular look I'm just wondering the whys and what fors. I might move some padding around as I'd like it to sit a bit lower. Cheers for the answers so far!