TK - 18421 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status(ATA)[455]

ATA ANH-S (Forgot to put that in the title)

Greetings guys and gals! Thank you in advance for the looks and advice. Wish me luck!

Benjamin McGowan

TK - 18421

Barcode

Florida Garrison

Tampa Bay Squad

Armor Maker - ATA

Helmet Maker - ATA

Blaster Type - DDay kit w/drilled aluminum pipe

Height - 6'1"

Weight - 155lbs.

Boot Maker - TK Boots

Canvas Belt - TrooperBay

Hand Plate Type - TrooperBay (Rubber)

Gloves - TrooperBay (Rubber Chemical Type)

Electronics - Echo's Fan Kit

Neck Seal - Darman (Velcro Enclosure)

Holster Maker - Darman

Front

072_zpsfp5mwqkl.jpg

Back

067_zpsv62ntseo.jpg

Left Side

074_zpsilpexqxb.jpg

Right Side

069_zpsto4krhbk.jpg

Ab Details

056_zpsu84mumio.jpg077_zpsfam4dczn.jpg

(Above) Action shot

(Below) Cod Detail

048_zpsenzvlvax.jpg

Butt Plate Detail

046_zpsvenpi4jm.jpg

Interior Strapping

045_zpsikcyqiqe.jpg001_zpsxpmuph7g.jpg003_zpsfgyeswze.jpg

(Above) Helmet Front, Hovi Detail, Left and Right

Helmet Back

005_zps7uond0ir.jpg

Lens Color

010_zpsgrrdv5xy.jpg
021_zps92jq3is8.jpg023_zpskmejrhbv.jpg025_zpsymq4zedy.jpg

(Above) Blaster Left, Right and D Ring

(Below) Neck Seal & Handguards

016_zpstyxxkjtk.jpg

TD

011_zpsnodtswym.jpg
028_zpsfrg9plcf.jpg

(Above) Holster & Belt Details ..... Note: The holster doesn't actually touch the ammo box. In this picture I didn't make the belt flat to show the small distance between the two pieces.
Edited by Barcode

OMG your little guide is GOLD!!!! Thank you so much Clint! :salute:

No problemo! Your kit does look great! Just out of curiosity... If you let the thighs come down just a bit, it would balance out the amount of black showing at the knee, but would it hinder your movement? Good build tho! Should be an easy pass.

No problemo! Your kit does look great! Just out of curiosity... If you let the thighs come down just a bit, it would balance out the amount of black showing at the knee, but would it hinder your movement? Good build tho! Should be an easy pass.

I can lower them as much as needed. Im on a D-ring style strap that allows me to lower or raise. I'll drop them down a touch but cannot post a photo of it. All of the photos were taken by my buddy Ken @ his house.

Nice build, Benjamin, and GREAT paint job on the bucket!!!!!!  I think you have this one nailed...

Thanks. Gaz will like that one!  :D

I can lower them as much as needed. Im on a D-ring style strap that allows me to lower or raise. I'll drop them down a touch but cannot post a photo of it. All of the photos were taken by my buddy Ken @ his house.

No need to change anything or post new pics. The suit looks great.

Sent from my ComLink

• Like 1

Hey Benjamin excellent armor sir, though I'm a bit bias to ATA. Great job :duim:

Good luck sir.

EDIT: Scratch my pic request, apparently I'm blind. lol

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Hey there Ben!!! Thank you for your application to Expert Infantry. Yet another great example of a quality, ATA build. Let's take a look!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required pics have been posted. (thank you Tim for your guidance) 

Your armor display all necessary requirements for EIB. That said, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert infantry!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section, I will discuss observations and suggestions made by your fellow troopers and myself. These are made as suggestions to improve the final look of your armor. These will not affect any application.

This build is another example of how our hobby is not a one size fits all world. Not everyone is 5' 10". This said, taller troopers, as yourself, have a few options when it comes to "extra" space created by longer arms and legs. Clint had made the suggestion that perhaps Your thighs could be lowered just a but to balance out the knee gap. Man, this is a tough one because the way your thighs fit against your ab is just beautiful. If you were to lower them, I wouldn't go too nuts there and just drop them like 3/4 " (20 mm) at most.

The other extended portion is below your biceps. It is not a requirement to have your strap go across your bicep.  In fact, aside from the use of the bicep hook on Han's armor, few troopers had anything attached to the biceps and they just floated. I can't tell if you have bicep hooks. If not, let them drop a bit and as long as you can bend your arms comfortably, this gap will be lessened.

Now to pick...MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am surprised that you went a little wider with the cover strips on the back of your arms than the front. These should both be the same (around 15mm) and don't get why you chose this way? The backs of the thighs and shins can be a tad wider so I don;t know if this was just a mis understanding.

The other two issues are with your blaster. First, the pistol grip should be the only thing painted gloss black. The rest should match the color of the main blaster and CAN have a little silver to represent the non-painted areas of the trigger group.  Next, the stop clip on the underside of the main body just in front of the butt cap is backwards. The arm on the inside should angle up towards the butt cap. This was used as a prevention measure so the butt cap didn't fall off unexpectedly. The lever was pressed on the one side allowing the "t" section to drop. This allowed the butt cap to be pushed in far enough that the locking tabs could follow the tracks and be twisted for removal. Without depressing this, the butt cap moved forward only slightly to engage the tabs on the folding stock to lock it into place.gallery_12157_40_21052.jpg You can also see the silver portions around the trigger I mentioned earlier. 

Joe and you were both right. When the handpainted details are NAILED like you did on your helmet, this makes my socks go up and down!!! Just incredible work on those!!!!!

Centurion Suggestions: Although nothing shows currently, Centurion applications require a more detailed set of pictures that could show something not seen here. Ultimate Centurion requirements are the trooper's responsibility.

The only suggestions I have is to try the thigh and bicep adjustments. If they work out, take and submit those pics on your application. 

Congratulations again!!!

Hey there Ben!!! Thank you for your application to Expert Infantry. Yet another great example of a quality, ATA build. Let's take a look!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required pics have been posted. (thank you Tim for your guidance) 

Your armor display all necessary requirements for EIB. That said, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert infantry!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section, I will discuss observations and suggestions made by your fellow troopers and myself. These are made as suggestions to improve the final look of your armor. These will not affect any application.

This build is another example of how our hobby is not a one size fits all world. Not everyone is 5' 10". This said, taller troopers, as yourself, have a few options when it comes to "extra" space created by longer arms and legs. Clint had made the suggestion that perhaps Your thighs could be lowered just a but to balance out the knee gap. Man, this is a tough one because the way your thighs fit against your ab is just beautiful. If you were to lower them, I wouldn't go too nuts there and just drop them like 3/4 " (20 mm) at most.

The other extended portion is below your biceps. It is not a requirement to have your strap go across your bicep.  In fact, aside from the use of the bicep hook on Han's armor, few troopers had anything attached to the biceps and they just floated. I can't tell if you have bicep hooks. If not, let them drop a bit and as long as you can bend your arms comfortably, this gap will be lessened.

Now to pick...MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am surprised that you went a little wider with the cover strips on the back of your arms than the front. These should both be the same (around 15mm) and don't get why you chose this way? The backs of the thighs and shins can be a tad wider so I don;t know if this was just a mis understanding.

The other two issues are with your blaster. First, the pistol grip should be the only thing painted gloss black. The rest should match the color of the main blaster and CAN have a little silver to represent the non-painted areas of the trigger group.  Next, the stop clip on the underside of the main body just in front of the butt cap is backwards. The arm on the inside should angle up towards the butt cap. This was used as a prevention measure so the butt cap didn't fall off unexpectedly. The lever was pressed on the one side allowing the "t" section to drop. This allowed the butt cap to be pushed in far enough that the locking tabs could follow the tracks and be twisted for removal. Without depressing this, the butt cap moved forward only slightly to engage the tabs on the folding stock to lock it into place.gallery_12157_40_21052.jpg You can also see the silver portions around the trigger I mentioned earlier. 

Joe and you were both right. When the handpainted details are NAILED like you did on your helmet, this makes my socks go up and down!!! Just incredible work on those!!!!!

Centurion Suggestions: Although nothing shows currently, Centurion applications require a more detailed set of pictures that could show something not seen here. Ultimate Centurion requirements are the trooper's responsibility.

The only suggestions I have is to try the thigh and bicep adjustments. If they work out, take and submit those pics on your application. 

Congratulations again!!!

Just to clarify my understanding here. =]

(Blaster) A: Switch around that small piece next to the end cap. B: Change the paint on the trigger.

(Forearms) Change rear cover strips to 15mm

(Biceps) Remove my Han hooks so they drop down a tad bit.

(Thighs) Lower them just a tad. 20mm at most.

Then apply for Centurion and profit!  :dance:  :R2D2:  :dancing-trooper: