Hair, yes I know odd subject.

Not sure where this question belongs but figured this would be a good starting point. I have rather long hair and was curious if that is a hindrance with the bucket? Would I be better of cutting it?

I read a post a while back on this, and one suggested a balaclava or hair net.  Depending on how much hair you have, and how much padding you have in your bucket, there should be ample room.

Thanks Joe. Yeah right now it's about elbow length. I have time to work through it though as I am still looking and learning about the different types of armor and all that.

I don't think it should be that much of a problem. :)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

This is me, when I still had my dreadlocks.

------------------------------

I must say that most troops at that time were done with my old FX hemet, but I did some troops with my TE2 one. 

I had to tie my dreadlocks into 2 or 3 buns, and then place them inside the helmet... 

It was hot, and not very comfortable, but... it can be done. 

A hair net, balaclava or rasta knitted hat will do ;)

Saludos.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

I have mid back lenght hair. I just tie it back in a normal pony tail with another hair tie or two down the lenght of the hair, stick it inside my shirt and put the neck seal over it. I have an ATA bucket by the way.

Ok yeah the post that Joe mentioned above I just found. Luis I haven't quite decided what way to go with armor yet. Still researching and reading. By reading I mean researching my masters thesis.

I would to dread mine, but alas the work life doesn't approve and it would be difficult to cover.