Which TM armour ?

Hello

I have been in touch with Paul Troopermaster and have decided that his armour is defiantly the way to go .

But here is my dilemma there are two grades of armour he has 1.5mm ABS and 2mm acrylic capped ABS, could someone offer opinion on which you think I should go for.

thanks Mark

This is strictly up to you. The 1.5 MM ABS is a slight tad thinner so you will get greater detail yet still have durability. The 2 mm is shiny as heck but a little less sharp on the detail. The main difference, however, is the 1.5 is a slight off white compared to the super white 2 mm. Paul has long supported that the slight off white color is closer to the original suits. Many troopers over by you have chosen the 1.5mm. 

Hey Mark,

have exactly been where you are now and can only agree to what Steve already said!

Just one additional thing: according to Paul, the 1.5mm ABS will start yellowing over the years as the original suits did. But that didn't stop me from chosing this, as it simply looks much more realistic as the glossy super white.

In case you want to have a look at the appearance of the 1.5mm ABS just click the 3rd link in my signature below...

Hope that helped a bit.

Edited by T-Jay

I've never said any ABS I use yellows. If anyone has armour from me that has yellowed, I'd like to hear about it because none of my armour I've owned for years has ever yellowed.

Sorry Paul, I was ABSOLUTELY sure on this one and checked my archived messages, because I definitely had that sentence in mind about "...yellowing as the original suits did..."

But I am happy to say you were right! When typing entry #3 in this thread, I did that from top of my head but that sentence was from somebody else and I had mixed that up. Sorry for this!

In the end this means at least good news for me too, because I took the 1.5mm ABS and always thought it WILL start yellowing after many years... Glad to get confirmation it WILL NOT :duim:

The relevant text section in my earlier comment has been marked because of this. Sorry for any confusions this might have caused.

Thanks T-Jay and Steve that has been a great help. Was thinking that I would go that way .

got some boots on order and I am also getting soft parts organised .

also thought while I am at it would prep for getting Paul's snowtrooper so orderd muckluk boots for that aswell

I'm curious to know how the percentages of those who order work out e.g. what % choose one or the other. At least those I talk to, seems 1.5 is more popular, but I could be very wrong.

I've never said any ABS I use yellows. If anyone has armour from me that has yellowed, I'd like to hear about it because none of my armour I've owned for years has ever yellowed.

Have serveral Armours from you over the years in this ABS and not one part yellowed or crack or what ever.

Have serveral Armours from you over the years in this ABS and not one part yellowed or crack or what ever.

Good to have additional confirmation on that. Really good news!

Tino your armour build is awesome . Can I ask , to save filling Paul's inbox up, does TM armour come with helmet finished?

It could. If you pay extra.

That is (in my opinion) the big advantage if you decide for Paul's armor: it will be made to your preference.

And that means not just having the choice between a kit and a finished helmet (or armor). It's much more.

In case of a finished helmet for example, Paul can make several things as you want them to be (position of the brow, gaps at ears, eye openings, etc.)

Fully finished armor can be made according to individual body measurements, if you want that.

Paul made my helmet and armor exactly as we had discussed it in our messages and I would always do this again.