TK-96007 Requesting ANH Hero EIB Status [ RT-Mod ][434]

HI there, It’s been a long time that I was wanting to do this, but never could get the time

Name: PELAYO CONLEY
TK ID: TK-96007
Forum Name: BIERZO

Spanish Garrison

Armor: RT
Helmet: RT
Blaster: Shepperton
Height: 190cm / 6’3â€
Weight: 112 kgs / 246 lbrs
Belt: TKittell
Gloves + Hand plates : Karin
Neck Seal: Darman’s
Holster: Selfmade
Decals: Trooperbay

post-18925-0-90626600-1421007485_thumb.jpg

post-18925-0-52345000-1421007497_thumb.jpg

post-18925-0-36551400-1421007505_thumb.jpg

post-18925-0-02993800-1421007517_thumb.jpg

post-18925-0-20060200-1421007530_thumb.jpg

You may need to heat and push out the extra teeth recesses ;)

Holster straps are a little long too

Nice work good luck

Edited by gmrhodes13

Looks good overall! Not sure whether it will be an EIB requirement, but I got pulled up in my build thread for cutting too much off my sniper knee - no return edge. I tried glueing it back on, but ended up buying a new one.

Goods luck

Looks good overall, Pelayo!  

The only thing not already mentioned that I see that might be mentioned is the alignment of the split rivets outside of the shim, as opposed to directly across from each other.

Good luck!!  Truly awesome to have another RT-Mod Hero preparing to join the ranks of EIB!!!

Edited by Dark CMF

Hey there, Pelayo! Thank you for your application for EIB. It's a pleasure to see a set of armor we don;t get a chance to look over too often. Thank you for letting us. Now let's look over YOURS!!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Originally, there were a few missing pictures that you were nice enough to post. Now, all required photos have been submitted and with pleasure I can say that you armor has all the requirements to pass EIB. Congratulations!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section, I will summarize observations made by your fellow troopers and discuss things that I note that are suggestions for improving the overall look of your armor. Unless specifically noted, these suggestions will not affect any applications. 

There was mention regarding your sniper plate.post-12041-0-08329600-1421425064_thumb.jpg This is something I would look into correcting. You got a bit enthusiastic in trimming out the plate by removing all the return edge off the top. As you can see below, this is what the screen snipers looked like. Thank goodness there isn't too much gluing surface and a new one will easily correct this.gallery_14191_22_197342.jpg

There was a mention to improve the "Hero" look of your helmet and I would strongly suggest this improvement. On the originals, the hero face plates were not just a differently painted version of the Stunt helmets. They were different molds all together. As you can see here, 

gallery_12157_15_21322.jpg the frown was clearly molded with only three tooth indents per side. By gently massaging that 4th tooth indent out of your helmet with a heat iron or a different GENTLE heat source, it will greatly improve the "hero" look.

Pelayo was kind enough to work with me on an observation I had. I needed to make sure that his biceps were constructed using the butt joint method and not overlap. In this shot they look like they are post-12041-0-59990000-1421424463_thumb.jpg  But after receiving close-ups of his arms, they indeed are built correctly. I do question why the big difference in width between the forearm cover strips and the bicep ones? They should all be the same.

Centurion Suggestions: 

I love the "beefy trooper"! IT would be great to have another set of muscle in the Centurion ranks! There is a little work that will need to be done before that happens, though. Some are easy fixes and some are a little more involved.

First is the correction to your sniper knee plate. Easy

Next is to remove the paint from your male snap on the upper right of your ab plate. Easy

Nest is to replace the male snap you have on the cod portion of your crotch with the proper split rivet like Steve's here:cod_zps8968a60c.jpg

Next are the straps on your holster. There should only be 1 inch (25MM) of strap between the belt and the holster.

You will need to integrate the square cutouts and the bottom, front of your kidney.

In your Centurion photos, make sure the outer edge of your belt boxes align with the outer edge of your waist belt.

I would strongly consider looking into a way to fill in the hinge points of the folding stock on your blaster. These were raised rivets. I'd really like to see them more closely resemble that. It's a nice Blaster!!

The last one will be a challenge. Some troopers require side shims to eliminate the gaps between your kidney and ab plate. For Centurion, this needs to be done properly.  Your shim should be attached flush with the surface of your kidney and glued with a strip from behind. post-12041-0-09341600-1421426336_thumb.png

If done carefully, the seam between the two will be a SLIGHT gap at best. You then can mix up ABS paste and fill in that gap and when dry, sand it down and polish it out. You may need to do this a couple times to get it filled in perfectly, but as you can see with Scott's, this can be done with terrific results:post-12041-0-65536300-1421426470_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-16582700-1421426474_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-20169200-1421426476_thumb.jpg 

In that last picture, you can see the proper position of his split rivets. They need to be attached to the shim to sit next to each other. 

Lastly, you will need to change out the black straps that connect your back and chest for white elastic or webbing that is about the width of your ribbed shoulder straps.

Congratulations on a great set of armor!! You did a great, clean build so these small changes shouldn't be too much of a challenge and will greatly improve and already awesome set of RT! 

Welcome to EIB!!

Thanks for the approval and for the Welcome.

Yes, Probably my next intention will be to go for the Centurion. 

I think I had understud all the points mentioned to improve the armor and the blaster

Hope not to take me all this time for Centrurion as I took for Expert 

Thanks again to all

Rgrds from SPain