What about this eBay armor?

jeff.t.hammond

This the best example of the BS that is n Ebay. They show a completely different set of armor in the original picture then what is really being sold. I guess as long as it's white and plastic it's all the same.

• Like 1

Based on some cursory googling today it seems that one of the biggest complaints of the FX armor is the large "bobble head" helmet. So two questions, 1) where would be a good place to get a replacement helmet for an FX kit and 2) what are the other issues with FX armor? Is it accurate that it would be 501st approved but just not for level 3?

If you want to get yourself some armor I advice you to just forget about FX and look into the different armor suggested on this forum. You can get so much better than FX nowdays.

Even though you can get FX armor approved with a different helmet and some modification, you would probably feel uncool when you show up on a troop and all the other TKs sports much more accurate and nice looking armor.

You can have a look at this picture. It's a comparison of me wearing a somewhat modified jedirobe suit (FX recast) and my AP armor. It's a big difference!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26672-armor-comparison-pictures-ap-vs-jedi-robe/

For the price you will be paying that FX recast, you can get a new AM2.0, by spending just a little more money. Your armor will be level 2 (E.I.B.) out of the box.

As for the link for the helmet for sale, it seems high, but, it's a good price for a fully build helmet. There was alot of work put into this bucket. Get yourself a helmet kit and you will see with the time that you will putting into it, it's not that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

If you want to get yourself some armor I advice you to just forget about FX and look into the different armor suggested on this forum. You can get so much better than FX nowdays.

Even though you can get FX armor approved with a different helmet and some modification, you would probably feel uncool when you show up on a troop and all the other TKs sports much more accurate and nice looking armor.

You can have a look at this picture. It's a comparison of me wearing a somewhat modified jedirobe suit (FX recast) and my AP armor. It's a big difference!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26672-armor-comparison-pictures-ap-vs-jedi-robe/

In hindsight, I of course wish I would have found this forum about a month ago. But I already purchased that suit on eBay and am just about finished assembling it. The good news is I got it for only $255 + $120 shipping, so $375 total. I am about 1/2 finished with the helmet and the rest of the armor. The photos below were taken last week and I have done quite a bit more since. I plan to trim the thigh pieces so it will fit me a little better and will also see what other modifications I need to make once it's all together. I have also purchased a neck seal, boots, and body suit.

So at this point, I am interested in the possibility of getting a different helmet so I can make the most of what I have. Tolo, do you have any links of recommended helmet kits? 

ST1.jpg

ST2.jpg

Oh, I did not realize you already bought the armor. I hope I did not sound too harsh. You say you wish you found this forum a couple of months ago. I understand that, but look on the bright side. You have now found it and the people on this site will probably be your best resource to get your armor up to spec. :-)

There are som things that have to be done if you want to get it approved. I am no expert but I see a couple of things:

- You need to change the plastic belt with one made of canvas

- You need drop-boxes and a holster added to your belt

- You seem to be missing the ammo pack on the right thigh

- You also seem to be missing the sniper  plate on the left shin

- You must paint your abdomen buttons

It looks like you have no strapping system. Maybe that's why you have no shoulder bells in the picture.

No worries Cadger as I didn't specify that in my previous posts. I have added the shoulder bells, ammo belt, and sniper plate. The abodmen buttons are all black but I'll get some blue paint. I need to change the belt out with some canvas as soon as I get to the store and buy some canvas. I'll post more pics as I have them.

No worries Cadger as I didn't specify that in my previous posts. I have added the shoulder bells, ammo belt, and sniper plate. The abodmen buttons are all black but I'll get some blue paint. I need to change the belt out with some canvas as soon as I get to the store and buy some canvas. I'll post more pics as I have them.

Check the for sale thread. TKittell makes very nice ones at low cost.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this armour around October last year.  Fortunately I found out before I'd made any cuts that it was highly unlikely to be 501st Approved.  At the time Rattlehead was selling this in the main title as '501st Approved'. I questioned this in my dispute and he has taken it out of the title, however, it remains in the body of his auctions.  To his credit he paid for the return and refunded in full.

As to the question of who he is, I can tell you his name is Andrew Bourne, or at least that is the name on the Paypal account.

I bought an RS kit just before Christmas and to be honest it's like comparing a mini to a Ferrari.  The RS kit blows this out of the water.

Just to add, I've watched his auctions over the last few months and he's averaging a couple of kits a week here.  The kit doesn't come with strapping and velcro etc so I guess to a novice (and lets face it, it's going to be a novice that buys these, no offence jeff) it's a daunting task.  I'd imagine that it might take a bit longer to assemble than a full kit so I anticipate that by Easter the 501st is going to have an influx of this guys suits and a lot of disappointed and frustrated troopers.

I thought I'd researched, it transpired I really hadn't but I was very very lucky the guys over on the UK Garrison spotted it for me.  (extra thanks to Si who I know is here as well).  My RS build is coming along nicely, though a little slower than originally planned as husband bought himself an SC Biker Scout so currently assembling 2 lots of kit  :blink:

• 1 month later...

Interestingly this seller has changed his auctions somewhat.  Gone are the FX references in the title and now he's selling as 'Costume kit with SDS helmet'.  There is still a reference to the 501st in the description.

Looks like he's also now using his own pictures instead of ones stolen from google.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Stormtrooper-Armour-costume-Kit-with-SDS-Helmet-Made-in-UK-/221686372386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339d899822

It can get approved but it's going to take a hell of a lot of work to get there.

If I were you I'd contact him ASAP and cancel the order on the basis that he is still saying 501st approval in the auction which is something you just wont get that easily.