Where do you keep your keys and wallet ?

Spycee

I'll do my first real trooping this weekend, and I'm wondering ...  There's no way I'll leave my wallet somewhere, so I want to keep it with me.  No pocket on the undersuite, unfortunately ...  My keys it's not that important, but I'm curious where I could put them.  Maybe a small pouch around the neck ?  But I think it will be possible to glue a small pouch under the chest, there's a bit of space there.

What do you do for you wallet ?

Not sure how doable this is with your particular armor, but I've heard of people having removable caps on their thermal detonators, which allows them to store electronics or other things in there. You'd have to pack them with something so that the TD doesn't make a rattling sound when you walk, and I don't know how well your armor would handle the stress, but it might be something to check out.

Not sure how doable this is with your particular armor, but I've heard of people having removable caps on their thermal detonators, which allows them to store electronics or other things in there. You'd have to pack them with something so that the TD doesn't make a rattling sound when you walk, and I don't know how well your armor would handle the stress, but it might be something to check out.

The TD is behind you. Somone can remove it and take your stuff and you would not know.

Andy

But the TD is attached to your armor... Surely you'd be able to tell if someone was unclipping the TD?

even if you feel it it only takes a split second for it to be gone unless you're handlers are extremely focused on your back, which is not always easy to do when you have multiple troopers and busy events.

Best to secure close to your body if you feel compelled/ to carry with you.

I have a little pouch thing I stuff in my holster. It only fell out once. Thankfully pickles found it as it happened.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TD, Holster, Chest, and around the Neck are the most frequent places I've seen TKs/TDs store stuff on their armor. Handlers are always good to load up with stuff like that as mentioned.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the idea of building a storage box in the back OII plate area. There is a lot of unused space in there, and I think that some ABS and E6000 along with a hinge and latch system would allow you to secure stuff in there without much difficulty. Of course, that all depends on how your armor fits you, your strapping system, and how heavy your wallet and stuff are together.

Edited by Dark CMF

It's true that there's a lot of space and it would be fantastic, but it's surely very difficult to access it while wearing armor... But you can ask someone to access it for you. I think I'll do something under the chest, I have to think about it. My wallet is very thin and I only have 3 keys. Don't need a lot of space.

Thanks for your comments !

I have a pouch on the front of each leg, heaps of room behind my thighs so I sewed one on each side with a Velcro flap at the top

• Like 1