Is originalstormtrooper.com good quality for its price?

Hello there. I am fairly new to this forum, and don't know much about anything here.

I am not asking "where do i buy armour", because i know it is against the rules.

I am just asking if it is good quality for its high price, based on its customers.

So, i was going to buy this: originalstormtrooper.com/stormtrooper-battle-spec-armour--helmet-mega-combo-deal-336-p.asp

until i looked on a forum saying it was bad for its price. Then, i looked on another and saw someone say it was good quality.

I am really not sure, and i am also wondering if it is..... "501 approved" or whatever, because there isn't much information about it.

DO NOT BUY FROM ANDREW AINSWORTH.

ever

the official list of makers is listed

HERE

( andy formed em, did not create them, now he's just on the outside.  recast armor from TE  the SDS does not conform to ORIGINAL MOLD status of Brian Muir's Sculpt)

see the darkside of SDS here

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Greetings Jack, and welcome to the FISD!!!

Where are you located? We've more than likely got a local Garrison nearby that would be able to help you out on your desire to become a member of Vader's Fist!!

As for SDS... you've already seen what the overwhelming majority of FISD would have to say about it. There are much better armors available for substantially cheaper. Is it good quality? It is probably better than some other commercially available costumes. Is it worth that price tag? I'll say again: You've already seen what the overwhelming majority of FISD would have to say about it. ;)

You've come to the right place to find out about all things TK, before you went ahead and made any purchases, so you will be alright, I'm sure. Research is your friend in this hobby, and you're off to a good start. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

do more home work if you want to be part of the 501st . you have to do some work you cant have it just all fall in your lap .

Come one, man, isn't it supposed to be 'troopers helping troopers'? XD Poor guy just didn't know!

Yeah, there are some SERIOUS bad people out there to buy from, good luck! (Hope you guys wish me some, too!)

• Like 1

A kit from RS Propmasters is similar in price but about as accurate as you can get. Unlike SDS (OriginalStormtrooper) it is cast from an actual ANH suit. They have their own website, too. There are many other armours at different price points vetted by FISD and, in my opinion, they're all better than SDS.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Jack, and welcome to the FISD!!!

Where are you located? We've more than likely got a local Garrison nearby that would be able to help you out on your desire to become a member of Vader's Fist!!

As for SDS... you've already seen what the overwhelming majority of FISD would have to say about it. There are much better armors available for substantially cheaper. Is it good quality? It is probably better than some other commercially available costumes. Is it worth that price tag? I'll say again: You've already seen what the overwhelming majority of FISD would have to say about it. ;)

You've come to the right place to find out about all things TK, before you went ahead and made any purchases, so you will be alright, I'm sure. Research is your friend in this hobby, and you're off to a good start. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

I live in Australia, if that helps.

Nagedzi mentioned above, that RS Prop Masters was good.

I had a look at their site, found this (http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/complete-stormtrooper-commission/).

Thought it seemed a little expensive.

That was the only set i could find on the site, so is it worth the money? (£1,449.99)

It says it comes with boots, but is there an option to choose my size? Or should i get my boots from TK Boots? (http://tkboots.com)

Edited by Guest