Sport Relief Mile

Hi everybody just wanted to post a few pics of what i got upto at the weekend. Although this wasnt an official troop it was for a good cause.

I along with thousands of other 'mad' people did the Sport Relief Mile, for info about the cause see the link below..

The weather was really bad, lashing with rain and 40 mph winds but that didnt put anyone off and the turn out was huge. I of course did my 6 miles in my trooper and managed to raise over £400 to help people all around the world.

I took 1:18 to complete the course and have still got blisters on my feet. Anyway i want to say a big well done and thank you to anyone else that got involved in anyway and here are a few pics of my mile..

CopyofSportReliefMile2008012.thumb.jpg.43579b59ed8b827f18079e8ca23698bf.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Way der-go ! :D

To do that not only in armour, but the rain. Excellent. Any damage to the armour with all the running ?

Is that "The Firms Van" ??

Cheers,

Julian.

Thats awesome. Did you actually run the full time or did you mainly walk? Running in armor, damn no way I could do that. How did your helmet work out? did you have a lot of fogging problems because of the rain and of course sweat? If not, what mods do you use in your helmet?

Thanks for the kind words fellers, i did actually walk about 5 miles and jogged the other mile. I can run/jog in my armour ok but my body doesnt seem to like the pounding.... i didnt do anything to my armour for this i just left out my voice amp, holster, td and blaster as i wanted to be as light as possible.

As for the weather i could not really tell it was raining, the wind was the killer. I got blown around quite a bit.. And as for lenses fogging no problem. I always use anti fog spray for bikers on the inside and outside.

I got a mention on the news and keep apearing on the tv apparently....

bbc webpage click here for sport relief news in norwich

:D Well done to all. I have to do what the Canadian military call the BFT, or battle Fitness Test, and it's a 13K march in full kit so I know how you must feel after just a few in trooper armor! The shoes are NOT made for this kind of marching! (Maybe in a Star Distroyer!) :D

• 2 months later...