My MTK build thread.( ANH Stunt)

Contact him at trooper@trooperbay.com, I talk to him all the time. I also agree with Brian be a bit patient with him, trooperbay.com is run solely by him and a college intern he uses. 

Thanks for the side by side. I thought they were much more similar since they have common roots. But I guess not.

I may consider building an ATA helmet to see if it gives me some more distance between the lower "chin" and my chest piece.

I'm vertically challenged compared to most of my other local TK peers and having a neck that is shorter than most creates a small chin gap making it more difficult to look downward. 

oops this isn't a private message board, what was I thinking  lol 

Edited by ukswrath

Mike has always been a good communicator , just give it a little time life gets in the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Gah wish the pictures were still showing. I have an MTK kit showing up next week. Guess i'll start a build thread too.. (soo scared...i have visions of cutting my fingers off lol)

Hey Tony here's a MTK ESB build that you can use, not much difference between the two. Just be sure to follow the "Stunt" requirements from the CRL when building.

Build - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26919-my-first-esb-tk-build-mtk/

CRL - http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Thanks uks! Those are great information. My box should be here next week. Then I'll start my thread. And make sure my insurance is up to date I'm so not good with manual skills hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And make sure my insurance is up to date I'm so not good with manual skills hehe

It's a learning curve for everyone Tony, you'll be alright,

Do you get knocked down a few levals on certification if I manage to cut off a few fingers building it? Hehe box arrives tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but you do get an "Atta Boy" award   :laugh1:

Seriously, please don't chop off any digits ;)  

Yeah, don't follow my lead.  I managed to shave off a good chunk of skin on one finger because I wasn't wearing my cut-resistant glove that was sitting RIGHT THERE.

Wear your protective gear, and if you don't have protective gear, get protective gear.  (:

http://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Cut-Resistant-Gloves-Performance/dp/B00IVM1TKO/

$12 on Amazon, way cheaper than an ER visit!

• Like 1

Yeah, don't follow my lead.  I managed to shave off a good chunk of skin on one finger because I wasn't wearing my cut-resistant glove that was sitting RIGHT THERE.

Wear your protective gear, and if you don't have protective gear, get protective gear.  (:

http://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Cut-Resistant-Gloves-Performance/dp/B00IVM1TKO/

$12 on Amazon, way cheaper than an ER visit!

Thank you for the reminder I'm going to go back and incorporate that into my initial build post.  :duim:

Started my build thread yesterday.  Somewhat annoyed. I put in a pretty big order to Trooper Bay last week for the tools and supplies i needed. Nothing from them. And they haven't responded to any of my emails or facebook messages. grrr.  So i broke down and ordered some of the stuff from amazon since i know it will be here quick.  Yes i know i could just go to a store and get stuff but with my work schedule its easier to just have it show up at my house heh.

IF anyone knows whats up with trooperbay let me know. 

Trooperbay (they) is a one man show Mike, although occasionally he has help from a college intern. I know at times he gets a bit overwhelmed with orders and life itself. Give him a little time to respond, he'll take care of you.

One thing you quickly learn in armor building is patience.   :duim:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your order has been shipped Tony. I was just waiting on a new supply of Velcro to come in. I am assuming you have it all by now. I see that you have posted your concerns on a few boards as well as facebook and I do believe that I have responded to your emails as much as possible, so I hope all is good now. Good luck with your build. :)

It's true that I am a one man show. trooperbay is my "hobby". As much as I wish it were my primary occupation, it is not. :( My real business is my sign company, so I juggle trooperbay, the sign business and being a Dad as carefully as I can. I am not making excuses for myself just verifying what was posted earlier :) Sometimes I run out of stuff ( I keep a small inventory) and I wait to ship. I usually communicate to customers that their order will be delayed. Yours was a bit long though and I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused you.

Edited by TK-4510
  • Like 1

Yes mike I got your package. I understand your a one man shop. Totally understand the balancing of real life and trooper life. Thanks for your communication and the great service you have for us to builders!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk