Suggestions on DD E11 scope optics?

Stormy1992

Hello everyone, im in the process of building a DD resin kit for my centurion application. i have the kit almost done, however i would like to know if there are ideas on putting glass optics in the scope. ive seen some people make this modification before, and i would like to seeing as how it makes it look more realisitic any hints and tips would be wonderful :)

thanks!

Thank you, Clint. 

Kyle, I ordered a monocular for about $5 - 6 off of the bay (idea borrowed from SIMpixels actually) and took it apart.  I then used the lens sizes to, as Clint mentioned, drill out my scope (VERY carefully) in three distinct lines.  A small one going backwards from the front of the scope, a large one using successively smaller drill bits from the rear towards the front, and then I used a bit roughly the size of the front lens opening to drill on an angle from the front to the back channels so that you can actually see light (and an upside down blurry view of the target) through the scope.

My build thread is linked in the bottom of my signature.  If you want to take a look at it, the scope modifications begin on page 11.

Good luck!

I just bored through using DarkCMF/SIMpixels and Superkav's ideas. I bought a $1 magnifying glass that fits nicely on the larger opening and picked up some Gundam modl eye lenses for the smaller one. But I must say using real glass lenses like the other guys used is far better looking and won't scratch like my cheap plastic lenses. Follow their lead on this one. Good luck drilling through! Post progress if you can!

Don't use plastic/acrylic lenses. They never look as good as real glass.

SupaKav has supplied us with the most perfect glass lenses for the e11 scope. Contact him he may hook you up. His generosity is legendary :D

You'll need a range of spade drill bits and some gentle patience.

The DD kit is excellent, but drilling the scope out needs to be done with care.

We're working on casting a full resin scope that has the front and back glass lenses and is of course hollow. Something like that would be at least half the price of the original full metal tank scope, which is not readily available.

http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/501ghostrider/library/

Glad to hear something is being made! I will look into that option too, however here is my progress so far on my blaster :)

to catch everyone up..

co1zwPb.jpg

I have the hammer/ spring installed! i replaced the screw on the handle itself (the selector screw i believe) (you can see it in the shot below)

VqpnPh9.jpg

A0v8sPL.jpg

The trigger is installed with a spring.

LiApOt3.jpg

dBp8Nt8.jpg

H6 sized hex screws used on the barrel and handle, as will as a metal sight tip, still having to shave an angle into it however. (i also hollowed out the sides on the front sight so its not closed in)

zXQUzMt.jpg

MTpWwDp.jpg

Now... for the scope! i looked at my options and i saw these bad boys at wall mart for $12. so i bought them.. the front and rear glass sizes are perfect!

i also purchased some of the hollowing drill bits in all sizes so i can drill out the scope with care and properly :)

I was considering cutting off the ends of both the scope and the binoculars and swap parts. :P then i could looks the "telescope blah blah blah" on the resin.. havent looked to much on it yet.. however i will today before work :)

B6DUJlN.jpg

ePuPZhw.jpg

There is my latest updates. will be posting more progress as i go. :)

Made some progress today!

Drill drill drill :)

myqkGmb.jpg

y70qL7O.jpg

Gs2ncEA.jpg

went to a bigger size.. 7/16th i think...

zp2aKsm.jpg

started cutting up the binoculars.. as you can see there is JUST enough room to slide this in...

JvaiO2B.jpg

closer...

zPusmza.jpg

it will take super careful hollowing out..

front seems to work well.. just need to get to the glass somehow..

KPX5Buh.jpg

chop!

QnQ52zh.jpg

just have to hollow it out a bit more and it should slip right in :)

kZmqKqa.jpg

boom!

ZZjXgP7.jpg

more updates tomorrow!!

cheers!

thoughts?

thanks!

Looking good Kyle!!

I am afraid however, that you've got your charging handle in backwards. It should curve forward, toward the muzzle so that you can grab it more easily with a finger and charge the weapon.

Hi Kyle if you need the retaining ring that in my kit I made for the doopy doos cast from a real scope if t you mess up the ring or need to go a little wider with the spade cutter http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27420-upgrade-kit-for-doopydoos-e11-blaster/?p=347464

Today's updates.. :)

more drill drill drill carefully that is...

QSjtr0k.jpg

q0qJegK.jpg

figured to get inside i would have to cut the scope in half.. so i did

82aTgdr.jpg

o4l7Gqu.jpg

drilled out the rest.. ( i wanted to hollow out as much as i could to be able to see through the scope.

4GO551f.jpg

So time for fitting...

n47YueY.jpg

fits like a charm.

kNh4E2X.jpg

the rear sight slipped right in.. but i am 1/8th ish of an inch off..

WNGZ869.jpg

b9Lqlqz.jpg

very happy with progress this far.. i hollowed out some more of the rear sight. however i didnt photograph it yet. ill make it flush with the rear however.

also i ordered an actual sterling folding stock for this thing! almost time for paint and weathering. :) i have some hammered spray paint :)

cheers! :)

That looks cool, nice work, and yeah, don't paint em by accident lol, of course you won't not after the effort you are putting in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do photography to pay the bills so :P the shots are taken with a Nikon d3 and 50mm 1.4 :P And I will be posting more images as I go:) thanks for all the words!:)

Edited by Stormy1992

update! so i wanted to make it even more realistic.. so cross hairs.. how do i do that. easy! thread and needle! never seen this done before so i think im the first

8wgPafJ.jpg

77NeLwt.jpg

Ry947uC.jpg

and results.. love them

KhOAl5y.jpg

and time for primer!

gBoNRWu.jpg

:)

cheers!