Suggestions on DD E11 scope optics?

Stormy1992

by the way.. are the power cylinders and counter necessary? id love to keep it off if possible.. ive seen some screen shots of the movies and in some i dont see them on some E11s.

Yes

E-11 Blaster

For 501st approval:

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster. 
For level two certification (if applicable):

• Folding stock (does not need to function).
  • A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.
  • Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.
  • Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.
  • Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
  • If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.
  • No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.
For level three certification (if applicable): 

• Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.
  • Like 1

Gee use the wrong paint in your paint booth and it will dissolve into a gooey mess Lol, sensational build by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

Haha thanks! And yeaahhhhhh I caught that a little while ago. The styrafom was getting droopy :P

Stearling apex buttstock will be in today!!!!

Also last night I ordered a cheap 6 digit counter for the hengsler since I could not find the actual part. So I'll mod the resin :)

Updates soon!

Edited by Stormy1992

folding stock will arrive today!

updates:

Scope paint! closest i could find to brass

24mcq7t.jpg

0VkvwvP.jpg

PmikfBi.jpg

9YD64RD.jpg

E11

DFFvGZy.jpg

6v5f692.jpg

moved away form the Styrofoam.. didnt like paint :P

The counter:

I wasnt able to find the actual part so i looked at others build threads to see what they did. so i ordered a cheap 6 digit counter that i will install when it comes in

i sanded down the mold to make a flat surface i will eventually vut abs plastic to hold the glass and counters in place :)

P1dL0ug.jpg

yLWkGb3.jpg

also added some vinyl screws to the sides to show more realism..

vuWL5z4.jpg

So these Power cylinders.. i didnt like the mold so i needed to find something to use for the middle and easy to drill through.. and i didnt want to go get fuses or whatever people use for the actual technical part. so i looked around and this is what i found..

tip of a plastic paint brush :)

y3LFlXx.jpg

i cut three (most power cylinders have 2 or 3)

RD5xKsp.jpg

I wanted them raised up a tad from the bottom so i used some plastic as a "platform"

JFduG9n.jpg

PHVk0Pc.jpg

waiting until the paint is done to put the wire in but this is what i will use.. (drill the very tips and into the mold below)

RQq6PHz.jpg

also going to the hard ware store after class to grab bolts for the tips of the power tubes. :)

update for now. more coming soon! :)

• Like 1

Alright! little bit of an update here.

paint paint paint

fc7fuqk.jpg

after that dries its time to install my stock that came in today!!! i recommend it to anyone building this kit.. its durable. heavy and well its 100% functional

FyeImDB.jpg

ZthNeRv.jpg

1UxqVpA.jpg

got the power cylinders all painted and ready for mods. looked better than i thought it would after paint (getting 4mm bolt and nut sets tomorrow as well as nylon string for the back)

(also putting wire in from the tips to the middle)

uAgXOy3.jpg

and my most anxious piece!! the scope. its done and im so in love with it. :)

all that's left is weathering, detail painting, making the bracket for the counter and making the text on top white.

here are some close to final pictures.

side:

xPQGMlk.jpg

Back:

0DlXZSh.jpg

front:

Qz5fEsH.jpg

all the way though

bAAI8Gg.jpg

:) more updates to come. sadly this build is coming to a close :(

alllrriigghhhttt! bigger update here and also a step back wards :P

i attached the folding stock with a pen tube in the middle after hollowing the original stock holder. put the original pins back in place and popped the caps on. so its not going anywhere ( i did not photograph this process, alot was going on) i took this from gazmosis thread. he goes more in depth :P

however in the process i was just so strong i ripped the pistol grip off the tube.. so i had to re drill, screw, glue it back on and seal the sides (pink stuff). so it has to go back into paint. which is okay!

mKyKH6Y.jpg

SCl7DH1.jpg

also i weathered the scope. may be a little much so i may cover some up. however i love it still :))

p9yzvEe.jpg

BZ8vanr.jpg

gid3Eew.jpg

GAWwM4T.jpg

still need to find a white crayon for the text :)

okay so the blaster is in paint again

but i re weathered the scope with brass in stead of copper and put some flat black in the mix too!

got the crayon in there also. so here is the final product for the scope :)

UOjA0ty.jpg

NNpQpA0.jpg

e2JBlS6.jpg

also i have the power cylendars done! love these results as well!! put the copper wire in :)))

cXSkClH.jpg

PkuqCvk.jpg

lastly need to do the counter. then really im pretty much done :P

i need to find 4mm bolt and screws for the ends there.. i looked today but i cant find them that small :/

Looking good!!

One bit of "touch up" painting you may want to consider: the screws on the front of the scope should be steel colored, instead of brass.

alright so no pictures this time, however i have the blaster almost complete. i put in dials for the counter (hollowed it out, took apart a clicker (6 digit) put plexi over it cut the hole in abs put the abs over the plexy and painted!

also found the 4mm screws, attached the hammer and spring capped the back. all that is left is to mount the counter when its dry, place the wires and weather it a bit :)

ill post final pictures here soon :)

Weathered with a dremel bit. Literally chipped the paint off.. looks pretty authentic.

A tip for painting that i did that turned out really well you can see it on the close up of "hammer moves"

i painted the whole gun with the textured hammered gloss black paint. after it was dry i later dry brushed flat black all over the gun, resulting in a wear/weathered look.

aaannnndddd Done :)

fR5VKsY.jpg

VIRV91e.jpg

qSpJQ7O.jpg

xx8zTHL.jpg

S0lyZse.jpg

hammer moves

4DDf9dS.jpg

LFCtc8Z.jpg

qcO5rOT.jpg

jKNS5iA.jpg

zMlgv6B.jpg

mSYEyr3.jpg

Thank you for all who helped out with this build by your input!

cheers! on to centurion!

-Kyle

Nice job Kyle. Do I see a bayonet lug on there?? The other common oversight is that the grip shouldn't have any weathering as it was a shiny plastic, not metal like the rest of the blaster. Well done?

good job!

a few suggestions.

• tone down the brass on the scope if you want?
  • grips are black plastic as has been said above no silver should show
  • T Tracks are also made from black plastic and should be smooth and not weathered at all

take a look at the film and see if you like the look of them on screen compared to your build!

again nice work!