Hans' ANH (Stunt?) Build....

HansDC

I have an AP armour kit on the way along with all the other bits I need to complete a TK suit - except the boots. 

The first of the many boxes arrived early this morning - The blaster!

Spent all morning figuring and marking out where all the parts went. Then to the Dremel and file kit to finish some details off the moulds. Drilled holes, cut out bits. A few more small parts to file and fit and I need to figure out what to do about the rail. 

The deeper I dug into modifying the gun, the more I realised that there is no realistic limit. So I opted to go with what I was able to do without too much talent seeing this is my first build of anything Star Wars related. (xept for LEGO).

Gotta get the screw heads cut next to replace all the moulded ones - on the tip of the nozzle, ends of the scope. Couple on the handle. Maybe some screws for the swing arm if I can find the correct ones. 

Am I on the right track? Any advice would be great!

rAv36J.jpg

VCxQCJ.jpg

EQyYsV.jpg

brkHNh.jpg

8NEq2I.jpg

nAHmOX.jpg

N45woU.jpg

vKSEVa.jpg

Edited by HansDC

Looks rad Hans, I haven't looked into gun assembly though, I bought an E11 off a maker on Etsy a while ago, and i'm going to run with that for now. I noticed on your earlier thread that you're going with the hook system on the calves, I was going to but I'm having trouble with the size of my calves so I'm going to go with velcro...but I've got the white elastic and white hooks that you can have...I'll try and come to Rev's for dinner Thurs. night and  I'll bring a bag of bits and pieces that you might want / need.

Edited by It's_a_troop

Yeah that would be great! I think I need some excess ABS peices if you have them.

I think my armor will be another week to 10 days away...so I'll have some time to get the blaster ready.

It's looking quite good indeed, but there's a little problem with your folding stock.

In fact when it's folded like that, it consists in two different parts fitted into each other, thus the underneath holes shouln't be drilled all the way through:

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman

Ahhhh....ok. :blink:  Thanks!

Will fix before paint. 

A number of people have fully hollowed out the underneath and simply put a wooden or plastic rod under there. Looks quite effective.

Keep up the good work.

Decided instead of filling the holes, I carved out the remaining bits, found an old MagLite that didn't work anymore...and used the barrel for part of the folding stock. 

Did a few other minor bits. Can't use the Dremel now cos its too late...so tomorrow a bit more cleaning up and hopefully first few coats of paint. 

Waiting on scope rail to arrive to attach the rest. Any ideas of how to find/make the correct sized spring?

VnRGtZ.jpg

B6TVoi.jpg

2U337f.jpg

Good job Hans, should look fantastic when all finished, told you it was fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tinkering tinkering...

Managed to just get the coil in made from a coat hanger. The coils are not 100% straight but I don't think you will realise once painted. 

Dug around for something to hold stop the spring inside the barrel, and found some bmx brake part with a bolt. So I modified it a little. Not really to spec but I think it looks cool. Also found a grub screw at the bottom of my toolbox. 

Taking advantage of the nice day to lay down some primer. Now that I've got a couple coats on, I can see more blemishes from glue and moulding. Might give it another once over sanding when it dries and maybe a couple more coats of primer before I attempt to put some colour on it. Still waiting for a scope mount so I can't go too much further. 

QcXLCw.jpg

iG5kYA.jpg

qj8cew.jpg

hn5ffx.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally the gun is dry. Kinda. 

Ive actually done a bit more to it since like painting some of the screws and some slight weathering which I'm not sure made ay difference. Will post pics once Ive finished building my armour. But this is pretty much 99% done. 

njObOP.jpg

EqLR7g.jpg