Please help me ! AP Armor Build

Spycee

How tall are you? I'm 5'6. I've trimmed the back of my AP thighs and I still can't bend my legs.  I might have to trim the top and heat the bend over?  That scares the hell out of me....

@Andrew : Thanks !  I won't forget, it's just that I have to buy white paint that is whiter than the one I have.  It will be a lot prettier in pure white  :)  I also need to paint the screws on my helmet.

@Ryan : I'm 5'11".  I was able to climb stairs with the thigh as-is but it wasn't very easy, but the further trimming will help a lot.  If the thigh trimming is not enough, I'll trim the shin a bit.  You can do that, it will also help.  Good luck !

Edited by Spycee

You are correct about your lighting...help needed there! You can take a bit more off the bottom curve of your thigh pack that goes on the lower right thigh. Use the end cap of your thermal detonator to trace this. As for your sniper plate, it did look like it was just mis aligned on the right side.( looking at the shin) it us historically a difficult part to install. Many clamps needed here.

Thanks for your comments :)

I took better pictures !  Well ...  I tried.  I can't explain my bad skills at photography  :( 

The sniper plate is  misaligned on the right side ...  But if I want to have the sniper plate ridge fit with the shin ridge I have no choice.

For the thigh ammo you mean cut it like that ? : 

XouSuqKl.jpg

So here are the new pictures :

yCFCXGt.jpg?1  h9zWfHb.jpg?1

I put a snap over the split rivet :

PhXBIEA.jpg  bFOAvz1.jpg

dIiFD0u.jpg  Icab23a.jpg

The paint is a bit chipped on the gun due to Halloween, and I still need to do a bit of weathering :

9jbNO7t.jpg  NvJv2fH.jpg

Xtk0UbD.jpg

I made the holes for the side rivets :

JvwWvYg.jpg

Edited by Spycee

The sniper plate is  misaligned on the right side ...  But if I want to have the sniper plate ridge fit with the shin ridge I have no choice.

You probably won't get the ridges to match up. Not many do. Just get it looking right, use as many clamps as needed and get glue wherever you can.

Nice blaster too. Is that the rubies one? 

About the sniper knee plate, the key for me has been to flatten the ridge of the outer/left wing. This way i was able to set the SKP sligthly higher than before on this side and minimize the crooked look:

15182018545_58a3962070_b.jpg

14995455907_2ddd7cee1a_z.jpg

@Ian : Yeah, it's the rubies one.  For the price it's very interesting, 25$ shipping included to Canada.  After doing the armor, I'll weather it, it should look (I hope) nice.

@Germain : Veux-tu dire que tu ramollis le plastique pour le mettre un peu plus haut sur le côté gauche, genre l'embarquer un peu sur le dessus du rebord ?  Ca ressemble à ca sur la photo.  Ca pourrait en effet être une bonne idée ...  Thanks !

@Scott : Thanks !  Those snaps may be hard to place, they must be exactly at the right place, if not they snap out easily.  Mines are a bit limit.

Edited by Spycee

Looking good, and as The5thhorsemans images indicate, you have to flatten one side a little. If you are worried about over heating or bending the sniper plate itself, there is another way that a very wise man told me when I was doing mine (Gazmosis) heat the ridge of the shin and push it out to the sniper plate, as it will be hidden behind. It was a handy tip so I slightly bent both to meet half way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Germain : Veux-tu dire que tu ramollis le plastique pour le mettre un peu plus haut sur le côté gauche, genre l'embarquer un peu sur le dessus du rebord ?  Ca ressemble à ca sur la photo.  Ca pourrait en effet être une bonne idée ...  Thanks !

Yep, that's that.

(ça m'a fait bizarre de voir du français, je m'y attendais pas ^_^!)

Here are some pictures of the left shim :

qY2Bvxvl.jpg  rc4cDUel.jpg

The curve is correct, I used 6 or 7 clamps to keep it tight.  I just have to pour ABS paste on it, it will be done next week-end.  I'm currently doing the right shim, the inner part of the shim is glued.

I worked on the sniper plate :

JBZCsuUl.jpg

ufU0vWVl.jpg  BFQlVaDl.jpg

I bent the top part that goes on the left side of the shin (the exterior side) so that it goes over the top of the shin.  I also bent a bit the curve of the side (it's hard to see on the picture, but it's no more a straight line, it is a bit concave at the middle, on the top part).  With that, I succeeded at placing it almost correctly.

v1Tifl0l.jpg  TdBqenAl.jpg

Edited by Spycee