Another ATA size question

I'm tall and skinny and wanna make sure I'll have the right ratio of black:white. From what I read on the forums I should fit in terms of weight, 165 lbs, but I'm 6 ft 2 in. Is ATA a good choice for those with longer but thinner arms n legs? I'd hate for the plates to be just plain too small for me, and I'm unfamiliar with shimming (if that's even for length!). I know (think) that ATA is like TE2 and AP in size and I've seen some great looking examples of 6+ foot tall TKs sporting those, but I just wanted to ask from someone with 1st or even 2nd hand experience. Thanks

AP came recommended to me as a slimmer build Trooper, I'm only 5 ft 9 in though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet ata would fit around you without shims. Ap is the smallest in all directions for sure. I think the issue you'll run into is with the legs. You would probably need to buy longer shins from either RT or TM. However RT's color is slightly more white than ata. I don't know how well TM matches with ata.

Good luck trooper and let us know what you decide.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have no issues fitting into ATA. Keep in kind that 6' 2" is tall for a trooper whatever armor you pick. TM has longer shins but whenever you mix armor parts you risk different shades of color. Since the shins aren't attached to anything else you'd probably get away with it. Just make sure you ask for a separate sniper plate if you do that.

Is there an echo here?

What I was trying to say while typing with my thumbs is that you'll have large expanses of black undersuit showing given your long legs. That's why both Gaz and I recommended longer shins.

-Eric

I'm 6'0" and have worn TE2 & ATA, however I swapped out the shins with RT ones, which I felt fit my legs better.  I wonder if TM legs would go with an ATA kit, e.g. would the plastic match well enough?  Some day ATA will make taller leg parts, but that's a ways off I hear...

You have a TM helmet, compare the colour to that one. While each batch of plastic is slightly different to the next, and yours might be a few years old now, it should give you an indication.

After seeing how sharp the DIY ATA bucket looks I'm going to stay on the wait list for their armor. Cheapest acceptable for my first build. I eventually would want a fitted fiberglass suit if I could stand the weight, as they say, but I'm really happy with the price vs quality of the ATA for now

After seeing how sharp the DIY ATA bucket looks I'm going to stay on the wait list for their armor. Cheapest acceptable for my first build. I eventually would want a fitted fiberglass suit if I could stand the weight, as they say, but I'm really happy with the price vs quality of the ATA for now

Don't ever buy fiberglass armor, its near the bottom of the armor spectrum.

I see, Sir Luke. Another more sturdy material? Carbon fiber? : ) strong, weighty (but not overly), and fitted to my specs was my vision. Anybody know how much carbon fiber sheets cost? It's probably prohibitively expensive or messy/toxic but I'd love to know

ABS is plenty sturdy for trooping and much easier to work with. All you need are scissors, an exacto knife and a few files. 

-Eric

The thinner part is not a problem per se. The ATA biceps are snug, and the legs are build for thin individuals as well. Like noted above, you might have to deal with more black around the knees. But the ATA forearms are just huge. Most of us have to pad them -- especially the right one.

Don't ever buy fiberglass armor, its near the bottom of the armor spectrum.

i agree. That could work for a halloween costume. But if u want to troop, get plastic Edited by TKedt