Real World Items - Glasses, keys, wallet, etc.

For room keys and money since most hotels use those card keys now I just velcroed a plain nylon wallet inside my chest plate. Never carry my cell phone in armor always leave it in the room or in my tote or with a handler. Just keeps things easy haha no one needs to be calling when we're on duty any way lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I made the control pad of my cannister (TD) removable and lined the inside with felt. It's attached to my belt by toggle bolts so it aint fallin' off! Money I keep inside my glove, and there was a fellow who actually installed a motorcycle helmet anti fog piece of material to help keep his glasses clear. I think he ran fans too. All the stashes posted in this thread are awesome! Great work guys!

Only other suggestion I've got is roll with a Sandy and stash your stuff on him! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I use a M16 black ammo pouch on my belt and it looks pretty good.

and if you use a bluetooth headset on your ear, you can talk on the phone if needed and its like a phone booth inside your bucket.

• 5 weeks later...
Here is a great example if what I use:

PBW-Plain.JPG

This goes around your neck, and holds your cash, room key, DL and CC stuff. Makes it easy to get to, and totally secure. You can even put your cell phone in here, assuming it is not from the 1990's and weights three pounds.

I don't have much to offer from experience here, but I wanted to comment that the idea of the bag above can be traced back to the days of Vaudeville (and probably much earlier) - it was called a "grouch bag" and was worn the same way for the same reason. In fact, it has been suggested that Groucho (real name Julius) Marx got his stage name from one of these bags. In interviews, the brothers can often be heard cracking jokes about the kinds of things they carried around with them.

Anyway, if was trooping I would probably either use a bag like this, and/or I would mod my thermal detonator as others have. Although, I thought that container on the back was specially designed for a stash of oreo cookies myself. LOL I read that somewhere on line ages ago and I thought it was the funniest thing. Never forgot it.

So I have not assembled any type of storm trooper armor yet, but one of my friends has one of those Halo Master Chief armor costumes. As far as the cell phone thing, what he did was buy one of those older hands free sets, the ones with the wire, and ran it inside his armor to his helmet. He used the wire because it wouldn't die on him like a blue tooth might, and if his phone fell out it would yank on his ear. So I'm sure there is a way that can be adopted to any of the armor kits. Good luck.

As for me, six years of off and on interest in the 501st and still savin' up money to buy my first kit, hopefully by Christmas! :D

• 3 months later...

I modded my thermal detonator on my TK so that the end caps are removeable, and plan on doing the same thing w/ my TS. I can stash phone, keys and dl/cc in there should I so desire, although if there's a secure changing area, I just leave that kind of thing in my tub.

I modified my wife, by purchasing a new Coach purse.

Now I can fit a cell phone, money (never makes it out though....), room keys, a bottle of water, car keys, and a power snack no problem. It's just a damn shame she won't come out when I troop. Found that a little ironic....

I modified my wife, by purchasing a new Coach purse.

Now I can fit a cell phone, money (never makes it out though....), room keys, a bottle of water, car keys, and a power snack no problem. It's just a damn shame she won't come out when I troop. Found that a little ironic....

:blink: Well, that's no fun at all! :0Lighten: have you tried a mind trick at all? Maybe that's what it takes...