Stormtrooper running Half marathon

Hi all! I first want to thank you! All though I didn't post for advice, I got a lot of info from doing the research here!

I wanted to share with you my what I have complete up to date!

Yesterday I ran a half marathon and to top it off on May 4th! My armor was not complete but I figured no one would know the difference.post-20220-139934611205_thumb.jpg

I have another half marathon in October, so I have plenty of time to mod and finish up my suit!

I had complications with the ventilation in the helmet as it fogged up. So I had to carry the helmet for most of the race! At least I started and finished the race with my helmet on!

post-20220-139934704805_thumb.jpg

Also I had complication on mobility in the back of the knees! I could not bend fully and was pinching. I know before hand that there was going to be pinching as a result cracking occurred.post-20220-139934748008_thumb.jpg

post-20220-139934749467_thumb.jpg

My goal was to just finish the race!

Sent from the Death Star

Congratulations!<br />Next week I will run a half Marathon too, but without armor, as it will be a challenge even without a handycap ;-) hopefully I can follow you in the future.<br /><br />Again, great work!

BRAVO!  Well done, sir!

My wife ran two marathons and I learned ridiculous things during her training...like people using a product called "Glide" which prevents their clothes from causing chafing of the skin (it comes in a deodorant type stick, but it's REALLY slippery), people filling the toes of their socks with antibacterial Goo, discovering pronation and supination when buying the correct running shoes (they actually filmed her running on a tread mill and replayed in slow motion to determine the angle her foot was hitting the tread), and learning the human body starts physically breaking down after about 13 miles.  And even more...

Long story, short - running any marathon or half marathon is a major accomplishment.  Running it in full armor is INCREDIBLE!

Thanks all! I completed the half marathon in 2 hrs and 57.

I happy with that an always room for improvement!

Good luck minuteman next week on you race! And you will run in your armor one day, as well as you Sith Lord.

Ladyinwhite, should I trim the cracks and sand it out?

A yes usaeatt2, those terms are well know to runners, but now that I know both pinching is far worst.LOL!

Sent from the Death Star

Inspiring work deebo! I got interested in the 501st while thinking about costumes for a 5k run.. Half marathon is just crazy town to me. :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...