Real sterling, spring/bold

Hey guys, have have gotten myself a real sterling and wondering if this piece (mark with red circle) is sopose to be there for screenacurate? Im so happy to finally getting started and this build :-D man thats a heavy gun..

tzmrY6j.jpg?2

UOxJvAO.jpg?3

Do you think they used the original Sterling mechanism to setup their blank firing system? In this case no doubt it should be kept

Yes I do.

I believe thae piece in question had to be there to fire a blank round.  By the way, you're missing a piece of the spring assembly...there supposed to be another metal cylinder at the end of the small spring.  It depresses the firing pin from behind.  I can post pictures later today if you'd like.

I believe thae piece in question had to be there to fire a blank round.  By the way, you're missing a piece of the spring assembly...there supposed to be another metal cylinder at the end of the small spring.  It depresses the firing pin from behind.  I can post pictures later today if you'd like.

That is likely a part of the demilling process.

Its in there, but the handle has been welded and that piece is stuck to the handle so i cant get it out. Its an deactivated sterling 

Always nice to see pictures of a real demilled Sterling. I am surprised about the inner bolt to have the same colour all over without visible scratches from moving.

The magazine port looks slightly bended. Or is that an optical illusion? Germain, why haven't you seen this? (just kiddin ;))

This will become a very interesting build... :popcorn:

The magazine port looks slightly bended. Or is that an optical illusion? Germain, why haven't you seen this? (just kiddin ;))

Lol, even watching it again now, and knowing what to look for i can't see it. But perhaps it's because i cannot fully understand you as "bend" is an irregular verb and you misconjugated it: bend/bent/bent  :laugh1: (who said i'm looking for excuses  ^_^?)

Edit: i finally got it! indeed there's a little bend

Edited by The5thHorseman

that is the recoil buffer.

it fits inside of the bolt.

see a hole in it? that is supposed to have the charging handle running though it..

entire assembly:

I'll post photos of the bolt assembly soon!

will add correct bolt photo with recoil buffer soon.

boltrecoilbuffer_zps32e22cd3.jpg

they did not modify the weapon for blank firing... they had to use really high power blank loads too

which allowed a blowback weapon with an open bolt to cycle properly.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

this is not correct. the original sterling has a recoil buffer assembly that fits inside the bolt.

a demil gun that is assembled incorrectly would put the recoil buffer outside the bolt.

which is wrong.

just because it's a demilled sterling does not mean that the company or individual assembled it correctly.

usually they don't have a real weapon to copy and they just stuff the components in.... without knowing how they actually fit together.

the original sterling bolt correctly assembled uses a bolt, a recoil buffer retaining ring and a recoil buffer plate and extra spring.

here is what the bolt assembly I'm describing looks like when assembled

will replace the correct recoil buffer and bolt photo soon.

ok... I see what you're talking about. the inner recoil spring and the main spring cause tension

which pushes out the recoil buffer about 3 loops on my assembly... yours shows about the same amount.

if you put a lot of pressure on the assembly the entire recoil buffer sits inside the bolt.

I stand corrected.

my mistake was made because I put too much pressure on the assembly without testing it with the end cap on.

I'll update my photos tomorrow in the sunlight.

you have to cut off the end of the clip, make flanges with pliars and put the end back on.

e-11clipplastic003_zpsa59ddcf1.jpg

wrap the clip with duct tape.

cut with hacksaw

shorten wavy edges just a small amount, about the thickness of the plate

bend the top and bottom cuts into flanges that look like the end you removed the end plate from

using pliars to create the bend.

replace clip end plate on home made flange.

Ronny,

I'm not sure why you would need to reposition the magazine clip, but it is likely silver soldered onto the magazine like the rest of the parts.  Heat the magazine to 1300 degrees to melt the solder and the clip should come off.  Reposition and resolder.

for an e-11 clip the removal of the entire end of the clip is needed. otherwise the clip won't lock back into the magwell...

and without the cutout area it won't even fit into the magwell.

you have to have the correct approach! or it won't fit!

Looking at this screenshot it seem that the magazine is cut in the other end. Look at the triangle bump. From this pdf:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s53lnuh9rq5xe7a/E11%20Power%20Cylinders%20Analysis.pdf (from the screen-accurate-e11-power-cylinders)

kaFhSZF.jpg?2

Edited by hairball

This one is a Bapty and the magazine is a lot different. You can see that there's no magazine cover, nor there's a clip pin. The cut is different and the mag is held thanks to a wooden dowel which is inside the magazine.

kafhsz10.jpg

Here's the same blaster from a side view:

captur12.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman