Poor quality stormtrooper helmet kit

Maybe it would help if some of our known makers let the staff in on their ebay aliases so that we could confirm or deny any ebay sales coming from legit makers.

Also, Scootch, why did you let a cap&back that seems so thin, go out the door? I would assume that you handle each kit in person and knows how a good pull compares to a bad. I would expect quality control from legit makers, even when they sell on ebay.

Anyway, good luck to everyone involved getting it sorted out.

Personally I can never understand how there is so many legit sellers of the Brian R/TE helmet as the rights were sold to Gino and GF so many years ago.It annoys me that there is so many recasts based on TE selling his right over and over and recasters giving rights away they don't even have to start with. Cheap knock offs is all they are and if you buy them you get what you pay for.

Personally I can never understand how there is so many legit sellers of the Brian R/TE helmet as the rights were sold to Gino and GF so many years ago.It annoys me that there is so many recasts based on TE selling his right over and over and recasters giving rights away they don't even have to start with. Cheap knock offs is all they are and if you buy them you get what you pay for.

You have the man, TE himself to thank for that.

Yes we do but it doesn't mean it should be an open market to recast because of it.People could just go to TE and ask to recast.He says yes and then according to everybody that's ok to just go ahead and recast. Its not because he lost the rights many moon ago.I mean just look at this helmet. It looks about 10 generations away from the original. If I put some of my helmets next to it would make them look like night and day in comparison.

I agree. According to TE himself he never gave permission but that's a whole new story. Yes he sold a couple of mould sets but that doesn't add up to the amount of people making armour off the back if it.

Anyway this is not a recast discussion so back on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I wanted was some resolution but I felt I was not getting it which is why I wanted people's opinions on the matter. I might seem like I'm bashing scootch but I really just wanted to do something where he would think maybe this guy is right after all.

I only aired on here as I felt I wasn't getting resolution. As mentioned I have never questioned what it has been casted from, only the quality in that it is too thin, has little definition for the decals to be placed and the nasty crease on the back part but every time I advised of this I was given the same response in that it is standard and correct. The armour is great and the postage refund was gentlemanly when I got hit with customs tax but the way in which the helmet issues have been handled I felt was less than satisfactory. Any trooper who recieved what I did in the pics above would of had the same complaint. Again the complaint is not what it is cast from but the quality of the material and it's finish.

All excellent points, yes I failed to do quality control with this box. It was meant for someone who already had a helmet and I forgot I had thrown "B" pull into it for him at his request (the other fellow). This is error on my part. I was a dick to sean, again error on my part. I couldn't view the photos initially, and based upon his description I assumed he was merely dis-satisfied with the cap n back which is the one I purchased from CAP. Based upon Sean's description of his expectations for a cap n back I suggested he contact TM or RS to see if they may have something more his style. I am happy to issue a partial refund so that he may get satisfaction.

Where the CAP cap and back piece are concerned I have been working with a local artist who does sculpture and masks, he is working on two projects for me. One is a replacement for this piece with sharper detail unlike the TE this one was taken from. We are simply making a nice smooth detailed piece, nothing fancy, nothing uber accurate. Something to "look good in public".

I should thank you Sean for getting me thinking about finishing that project. I am sorry I was rude to you.

Scootch has done me a good turn with a partial refund having viewed better photos of my complaint. I accept this and hope we can do business again in the future as where the armour is concerned I think it is brilliant

Tea at least. Yeah sorry for this, and if you're interested in the sculptor guy his name is Erick and he owns "Iron Goblin Mask Company". I met him here in my hometown last year, very nice guy, he and I worked together on a Cyberman project (though my part was very small) he is very talented. Right now he's looking for good screen accurate 4lom pics, he's got one coming up and it will be slick. We jive well, he's artistic and I'm just wrong in the head. It works somehow. Tons of pics on FB in his IGMC name.