Poor quality stormtrooper helmet kit

I have received a 2-piece helmet as part of my TK armour set and while the armour is perfect the helmet is of poor quality paper thin plastic. The plastic has bubbles and bobbles and the areas where the decals go are not defined. I cannot sand due to the poor quality plastic and how thin it is. Also the back part of the helmet has two very large indented creases which are just awful. I can practically poke through it all with my finger. The seller won't budge on a replacement. He says it is 501st approved and white armour approved. That may be, the cast most certainly is but the quality would never pass. He says regardless of my complaint it is moulded from te te2 and cap so the imperfections are correct? Really? He doesn't get that the moulds/casts may be correct but the way he has done it is totally unacceptable. Any help?

Yikes! Ā That looks pretty bad. Ā Looks like really thin HIPS that was damaged during shipping. Ā Where did you find this kit?Ā 

His ad looked like the real deal, check him out. I mean the armour is great but that helmet. How he things it would get accepted by any organisation is beyond me. It's awful. He won't send me another out unless I pay and send him this one. Then he said that I'd only get the same! He honestly believes it's accurate and fine

That's poor quality looks like a reset mould,almost like he/she has pulled from partial forming and reset and carried on with the pull. And the fact that you can push the back of the helmet in with your finger suggests poor quality control.

If he's recasting TE2 and proud of it then I very much doubt he's been accepted by anyone in power to give him the ok to produce and sell this as 501st.

There's no way on this planet I'd let anything that shucks go out the door. Even my seconds are 10 times better quality than that.

It really pains me that these sad individuals think they can throw out BS and think it's ok.

That would have been thrown in the bin if it were my pull.

Sorry but it really pisses me off that guys out there just recast other peoples work and list off all the acceptance they've got!

Saying that I've had the 501st tell people that my armour is not accepted! A bit rich as it's cast directly from a screen used suit! Haha.

If that was me I'd have replaced it without quibble.

Ā 

Good luck.

If he's recasting TE2 and proud of it then I very much doubt he's been accepted by anyone in power to give him the ok to produce and sell this as 501st.

There's no way on this planet I'd let anything that shucks go out the door. Even my seconds are 10 times better quality than that.

It really pains me that these sad individuals think they can throw out BS and think it's ok.

That would have been thrown in the bin if it were my pull.

Sorry but it really pisses me off that guys out there just recast other peoples work and list off all the acceptance they've got!

Saying that I've had the 501st tell people that my armour is not accepted! A bit rich as it's cast directly from a screen used suit! Haha.

If that was me I'd have replaced it without quibble.

Ā 

Good luck.

Cheers dude

I hate to say it but I doubt that you will ever get your money back from this guy.Ā  My suggestion is trash the helmet you have(or keep it to experiment on)Ā and search the armor makers here for a great helmet.

Sorry to see another trooper taken by ebay :angry:.Ā  In the future, check here first.Ā  Good luck with your build.

You guys are always jumping on the bandwagon to rat dog someone without having all the facts. This is one of my kits. Unfortunately I sent a crummy thin cap n back, I'd have no prob replacing it, but the conversation isn't ONLY about the thin pull, so it's also about the rest of the details as well which no matter how much you pray and wring your mits will never change. As I explained to this fellow, I won't change the thing because it is the original CAP. So you say to add me to black list because me and this fellow are in the middle of negotiations and he decides to air the laundry in public? But he didn't tell you I've already refunded money to him when he was hit with tax at customs. He didn't tell you I tried explaining why the lid looks like it does,,, only that I'm this rotten s o b for not cooperating.... yet I gave two UK makers names to him to locate the part he would like to see in his kit. But now I'm "some ebay recaster".Ā  WOWĀ  So where I'v left this is a message to Sean, he's asked for partial refund, yeah it is totally fine considering he got a crummy dome and wants something different which, let's face it, I can't make for him, sure I can replace the dome with a thick one, but it won't be a different shape or texture. THAT is where our conversation was going round and round before it became public knowledge. You should probably remove Fatsakursen from that list as this is an isolated incident which is being resolved and your accusations of "ebay recaster" are insulting.

Looks like your cap n back got crushed in shipping, I can say that I made Centurion with one of those kits, and Scootch has always been willing deal with me if something was wrong with a part, i think this is more likely an isolated incident. which given time will be resolved Ā 

My sincere apologies, Scott. Ā You're right.. Ā Shouldn't have jumped to conclusions based on one side of the story. Ā 

Ā 

I guess it's just that there are SO many more dishonest re-casters on ebay than there are legit armor makers.. Ā So I assumed the worst.

Ā 

Again, my apologies. Ā 

Edited by RainTrooper

LOL,

OK, I take it back as recasting in this case is OK with the MODs. But that's how it was presented to us and as the name was completely different your trading name on here. You cannot expect people to know that. As it looks, it is a bad pull in terms of thickness etc.... I have no problem with lumps or bumps....

If you say that you are working this out then it is wrong of the buyer to air this in public but that's not how we have heard it....

Hope you work this out and if this kind of grievance is aired again in public may I suggest to the OP that all the facts are presented and not just biased one sided facts......

Ā 

Carry on.........