Almost finished! Test Fitting. Comments Welcome

OBIROYKENOBI

Quick history: I bought this armour many years ago from a member of the 501st on ebay. He stated that he was too busy to build it as he already troops as a biker scout. I still have a few adjustments to make for correct fitting. This is my first time wearing it!! I have no idea what kind of armour this is. Any help as far as identification would be appreciated. Sorry for the iPhone pics! Yes I know my forearm is twisted!! :)post-19548-0-24971500-1392675114_thumb.jpgpost-19548-0-87865800-1392675115_thumb.jpg

has the cod been cut or shortened?

raise the belt just a tad.

also you're going to need to replace the helmet as FX/AM style lids won't be approved.

recomend scootch on here.

I need to see the armor from the sides and back too..

because you might need to replace the chest and back plates as well... as the AM backplate has also been removed from base acceptance.

it looks like this is the old AM sculpt?

you will need to move the drop boxes in to the edge of the belt

and might want to make some small adjustments to the thighs.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

See what you can do to raise the belt (snaps into the ab are what a lot of us use) and pull your shoulders forward a bit. I use a thin elastic band across my chest under the chest piece to "cheat" my shoulder's more forward. 

I also recommend your left thigh - put padding inside it just above your knee but 90 degrees to the left (so it's the outside of your leg, INSIDE your armor). This should help with the sniper issue.

Lastly I recommend you glue the front of your shoulder bridges down. There is no substitute for the sharp looking glued-down look. If it is glued, heat it a bit and glue it down more so it's flush.

I don't mean to sound mean, but you really, really, really should replace that helmet. :)

I agree with Ingrid, the helmet should be replaced.  The belt needs to be raised a bit.  Just a quick question, but is the under suit big on you, or are the forearms and biceps really tight?  Looks like a lot sticking out there.  My concern would be for severe armor bites in that area.  I had that problem with an old FX style.  Major armor bites between the biceps and forearms.  Might want to consider trimming that area up a bit to avoid those.

That bucket is freaking me out! It looks like a frog or the Creature from the Black Lagoon! That belt looks awful big for some reason. Keep at it.

The belt is not trimmed down. It should be trimmed (the top and bottom) to the tops and bottoms of the ammo boxes, that's why it looks awful big.

Trimming it will also assist when it comes time to put the snaps on the abs to raise the belt a little bit higher. :D

Edited by Dark CMF

The belt is not trimmed down. It should be trimmed (the top and bottom) to the tops and bottoms of the ammo boxes, that's why it looks awful big.Trimming it will also assist when it comes time to put the snaps on the abs to raise the belt a little bit higher. :D

Thank you! I'll get to trimming the belt I was wondering why it was so low!

• 3 weeks later...

Your right forearm is twisted.  The pattern should be lined up with the top of your hand, not on the side.  The left forearm might be a little twisted also.  The way you have your arms in the second pic - you should see the cover strip on each forearm lining up with the cover strip on each bicep.  The pattern on the forearms should be facing outward so you would see them from the same pose but at a sideways angle.

And to repeat from others - you will need to get a new helmet as that style is no longer approved for the 501st.