Warning Suspected RS Scam on eBay

RS Prop Masters

Hi Guys

So I was informed the other day that one of our suits, allegedly built and supplied by me was being offered on ebay for £400, when I looked it had sold/ended. I have now seen another suit, located in the same area, Norwich offered under the same deal, which got me suspicious. So I checked it out. At this point in time it appears to be some kind of scam rather than a recaster, as they are using images, one of myself in armour in the first listing, maybe you guys can identify the other images? I hope that the buyer of the first suit does receive it, but I think it is looking doubtful based on the feedback and dates the seller has joined eBay. The account names are clubtropicana2014 and harrisonforgeprops, but I suspect a new name will be used for future listings. I have bought/ended the second listing. The seller has claimed it is actually located in Germany and he has not updated his brand new account? Yeah, sounds right. He also got real push and as the suit is in Germany we could not collect. 

Please be aware that any listing on eBay has no connection to me or RS Prop Masters, I will never sell any item on eBay, from years gone by I know to well that the boards are the place to get the level of costume required for the 501st. 

I guess if it looks too good to be true......but I hate the idea they are using our name to attempt to rip Troopers off. 

Rob 

Image resized to 56% of its original size [887 x 498]

cUtCkFu.jpg

ZCqXuo1.jpg

Kyrkb4v.jpg

Zf1m1Yy.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I wanted to check out if it was a re-caster, both suits being in Norwich, but the lack of evidence that this guy even has a suit stopped my paying and I realised he is just scamming unsuspecting guys who don't have the budget for one of our suits. This just sucks. In the messages that followed it was clear he knows exactly what he is up to.   

Revolting behaviour....scammers like him, that lure money out of anybody, (but especially future troopers) should have their tongue tied to a tailpipe of and old Toyota and then be dragged naked across a field of broken glass......

Edited by SorenM