Telsa's ANH Stunt AP Build

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My first dry run!  NOTE: my right thigh was still drying!

Let me know your opinions and thoughts for improvements at this stage before I attach everything.  I think my butt is too low...or my thigh is too high....hmmm...

DSCN6005_zps074c45e2.jpg

DSCN6008_zps556e5790.jpg

DSCN5998_zpse02dc826.jpg

DSCN5997_zps35432bb2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The torso armor looks good and the shins as well. You could resize the biceps and make them smaller to fit your build better. :) The thighs I would resize to, it looks like you just overlapped the back of the thighs. Resize them and then use a finishing strip like on the front. I have really skinny arms and legs too, resizing will make you look great.  

Grab a pencil or some tape and mark it! Have no fear Scott! Look at the originals and just replicate it. See then do... read through other people's helmet builds... spend time in the tips/how-to sections. Helpful and useful threads are pinned at the top of each forum. Search bar, search bar. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14806-how-to-assembling-ata-abs-helmet-1

Tim! How are you, man!? Good to great from you !

I already did just that! I used both a pencil and tape...we shall see how it works!

Next, sniper plate and knee ammo pack!

I...am...getting...there...!

Yes, they look good and clean.

For the vent stripes, remember on the trap they go outward at the bottom, a little flare. I mussed that up myself... still mean to fix it. Press lightly so your vent lines are a little thinner. I used some horizontal tape to mark the top and bottoms of these after my gray had completely dried.

If you ever make a mistake on the edge, dip your paint brush into thinner and dab it on a rag so it is moist but not dripping. Then gently massage your paint mistake until it comes off. You can clean up many edges with this method.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking great! Um....you need pants. No totally necessary but just a suggestion.

The blue on your ab buttons looks dark. Maybe it's just the picture.

Thanks!  It was a "Pants Optional" kind of day.

Yeah, a lot of debate going around about what blue is correct.  I used what I was told I could.  There really isn't a specific color called out as far as I know.  Right now, I just want to get enlisted...

Paint job looks great :) The vocodor looks fine, don't stress it. :)

Except for the lack of pants, you are starting to shape up quite nicely!!!

You will get approved with any blue, but when you get your hawt self in gear for EIB, Model Masters French Blue is the new black, so to speak.

I wish all colors where called out. Wouldn't that make this process easier? If french blue is vogue, then make it known officially. I hate that I am going to have to repaint because I didn't choose my colors on a whim.