Telsa's ANH Stunt AP Build

I have gotten considerable help from my future local squad as well as other 501st troopers and thought it high time I start posting my progress.  So here goes...!

It began when I received my brown box oh so many months ago...

DSCN2950_zps24313733.jpg

Edited by Tesla Machine

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just post them in the reply to this topic box :D. Standing by for updates, good luck with the build

Thanks! I endeavor to achieve Centurion status!

If that is the case you're gloves and hand guards will unfortunately not do

He can upgrade the handplates later, but yeah they'll get upgraded. Unless they're on order? Scott can get 501 and probably EIB first off the bat. I want to see him trooping with us. :)

Yes!  Thank you for pointing that out!

I knew that already and have plans to purchase the white rubber handguards as well as rubber chem gloves.  I already had these so I thought it best to work on them to give me more of a feel for gluing and sizing.  Believe me, I will be acquiring a few more items to make sure I can apply for Centurion status.

Keep the helpful ideas coming, thought!  I am sure I haven't thought of everything!

So I was having a bit of a worry that I had not enough ABS material to makes my cover strips out of (there are a lot of scratches and scuffs) that I decided to label everything...

DSCN5762_zpsf6f84804.jpg

Here is my painted TD:

DSCN5763_zps60049b02.jpg

Q: does anyone have an idea of how I can smooth out the brush stroke lines?  Lightly sand and cover with a Clear Coat polyurethane?

DSCN5764_zps715c96b3.jpg

Yes you got it, lightly sand with some fine sandpaper then clear coat. If you don't have any luck with that just sand all the paint off, get some spray primer, give it a couple of coats in that then clear coat after. Good luck

The CRL doesn't specify what grey, but most use a humberol or testors brand dark grey for the back canister. helmet teeth, tears, and traps. Several people including myself have used testors grey 1138.