New NE build Tampa Fl

I truly don't want to be critical...

You want the tube stripes to be a pencil-width from the cheek.  These look to be at least 3 pencil-widths away from the cheek.

Please don't do anything until someone else responds to this as well.  I'm not sure it will prevent basic approval, but there is a chance it could.

What's the big difference between "hero" tube stripes, and "stunt" ? Other than hero being just a slight bit thicker - my eye can't see anything

I don't know where you are getting this information from, but it's just ridiculous.

The hero faceplate is shaped slightly different, which might change how many you can fit. But there is no thing as "hero stripes".

The decals that can with the NE bucket were labeled - (there were two sets) one was labeled stunt, the other set labeled hero. - I can take off the ones I put on- (if they are sitting to low) and use the second set and raise them up a bit if that would make it more accurate but im not sure.

How many should be on either side- is that what's needed to be centurion correct?

Yes, a pencil width is a good distance from the cheek.

The amount of stripes doesn't matter, because it was different on all of them. Take a look at some original helmets in our gallery and pick one you like to emulate.

They look far too low.

No, there is no requirement per se as to where they should sit. But there is the question of looking good too. Yours don't. Instead of just doing things on a whim, or follow others examples, spend some time looking at original helmets in our gallery to make sure you're just not repeating other peoples mistakes.

I have to agree with the peanut gallery here. You did a fine job on the rest of your helmet why not make it complete? The tube stripes, without question, should rest on the upper portion of the cheek not the middle. Since these are just decals, they can be easily removed and replaced in the proper place. Like Mathias said, the number really doesn't make that big of a difference. Use the pencil tip as your guide for how far to place them from the face. Make sure the line is equal distance from the face the whole way down the cheek so the stripes don't sit angled on the cheek tubes.

Thanks all! Next question- (open to anyone who cares to answer)

How snug should the bucket be when putting it on? As of right now- I can only put the helmet on by turning it sideways. And even then- it's a tight fit on. Should it be that way?

So I'm playing with the foam padding inserts, and have read through the threads around using the military helmet padding- and even the hard hat liner. Do you guys have any insight from troops as to which seems to work best for both comfort and holding the bucket still on your head?

So I'm playing with the foam padding inserts, and have read through the threads around using the military helmet padding- and even the hard hat liner. Do you guys have any insight from troops as to which seems to work best for both comfort and holding the bucket still on your head?

It really comes down to how it feels on your head.  I had some motorcycle helmet pads, and they felt too thin and didn't really do much.  I got a set of MICH pads from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RCLM8Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're current $15.94 with free Prime shipping.

The great thing about these pads is the back is designed to stick to hook velcro.  I taped in the pads to get the fit correct for me, then I put in the hook side of industrial velcro in the spots I wanted the pads.  They stick right the hook velcro strips.  The green you see in this shot is some green foam I cut a couple of holes in and stuck over the ear screws.

DCFo8MD.jpg

Well - the time has come!! I submitted my application tonight for my local garrison (the Tampa Bay squad) and with any luck will be trooping soon- here are the final pics of my build ---

lRHpzvg.jpg

wAEBiYX.jpg

sE7UAfk.jpg

tj7olHn.jpg

7wFwqAj.jpg

fRxlXkP.jpg

lKV6uyb.jpg

Any and all feedback is appreciated!!

- You are wearing your shoulder bells reversed.

The one without any flare at the bottom goes on the right/hand shoulder like on the picture below:

gallery_14191_18_116080.jpg

- Other than that it's looking quite good. Just not sure why only one pair of rivets appears on your left side pic...

- One other thing you could do, would be to square your detonator clips right above the top screws, unglue the middle panel and reglue it right above the ends, like on the picture below:

med_gallery_12157_51_33329.jpgtj7olh10.jpg