My NE Build Thread

So I'm getting my NE kit delivered in about 6 -7 days. I can't friggin wait to get started! Do you mind if I ask about sizing? I'm 5-11 180lbs and I've heard this kit comes REALLY big-

Was there a lot of trimming necessary so far?

Congrats!

We are about the same size and yes there is a lot of trimming you'll need to do. Best advice I can give is look at lots of reference photos. Post pics and ask questions. Just be patient waiting for answers. Sometimes it takes a day or so for people here to respond.

Hey there,

just wanted to check out this new NE kit, haven't seen one during it's build process. I saw something weird but I don't know if it was just lighting/reflection. Would you mind providing pics of your forearms, especially outer cover strips ?

Thanks for the reply. I was talking about the oppsite side of the forearms though, sorry. Should have clarified that. Why I'm asking: From the pics I suspect the join areas are pretty wide, they should be roughly the same width as the cover strips (15mm). As I said I don't know the NE kit's dimensions as well as your arm dimensions, maybe you need it that way but I'd consider making the forearms slimmer if possible / needed

Oh and the AM/FX decals from Trooper Bay do NOT fit the NE helmet.

:(

They shouldn't, AM/FX helmet is out of proportion, and way too big. The NE helmet looks slightly larger than screen lineage helmets, But people think its cast from RS. A screen lineage decals should fit your helmet :)

Just round the corners on your cover strips a little so they don't catch on anything :D. Also the ear in the photo looks like it needs to come up more, it's just a bit of work getting used to working out what to sand, you can see on the ear that the curve in the centre isn't matching the curve on the helmet.

Thanks everybody.  I'll look into those decals.  Locutis, you have greater faith in my painting skills than I do!  But I might give it a shot.  

As for the comments on the ears.  They are totally FUBAR.  I need a new set.  But I put those on for now since I don't know when I'll get another set.  But as far as raising them up higher, they just don't go.  I've been seeing this on all of the NE helmets.  I think it's a flaw in the design.  But whenever I get a new set, maybe I can figure out some way to tweak them... 

I think they will have to make a new mold for the ears, in all honesty. We'll put up with it for now, but I think they just need to re-do that part. The rest of it is fine, relatively speaking.

Agreed. 

First full test fit. Thighs are not attached yet. Knee plate glue popped off on one corner while putting it on. Also, shin keeps turning inwards when i take a step. Shoulder bells are rolling back too much. Back plate is sitting too low. Helmet is temp MR helmet just for the photo while I work on my NE bucket.

Posted Image

Posted Image

See the gap above the ear pieces. I cut the face part forward (less than a 1/4 inch) a bit to make it flush. I will post pics of my mine shorty. That ridge that holds the top cap, to the back cap of the helmet. 

Where the shadow in that gap is, is what i cut. (On the face part, not the ear,top or back)

null_zpsffb5b63c.jpg

Edited by silentsamurai

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask this question (I am a newbie) but who is NE?? I am in the process of researching armor vendors and having come across them yet.  What made them stand out from the rest of other dealers (price / waiting list / etc)?  And would you recommend them after the ordeal with your bucket ears?  Thanks!