Armor Master - NE ANH Stunt build

I have a full kit arriving shortly from TrooperGear Armor Master (AM) with the intention of ANH Hero build.  I am not quite clear what NE means as far as the build but AM mentioned it.  I am still researching some other builds to determine the best place to start with the build once the armor arrives.

I expect to start detailing the build once I get everything to get started.

Really excited about this new adventure.

Update: Armor is actually from TrooperGear.

Edited by evoxpilot

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see the build thread, good luck with the build, have you thought of building to EIB or Centurion requirements, really not a lot more work just do a few more details and you are there. Have a look through some of the build threads and don't forget to check out the CRL's as there was some updates to them recently. Again good luck with the build, we are here if you need help :D

NE apparently means "No Excuses" :) I'm not quite clear on why.

Take lots of photos along the way. We're build photo junkies!

-Eric

NE is different than his AM set. It's a little confusing, I know. I thought the NE kit was put together like his AM was and was completely wrong. Best thing to do is take a ton of pictures and we can help you get it built up. There are ridiculously skilled builders on FISD and can offer suggestions on getting just about any kit built up looking great and fitting you the right way.

Good luck,

Isaac

• 3 months later...

I had some family issues that kept me from this project so I am back at it.

here is a link to the biceps and forearms that I taped together.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b613/evoxpilot7/IMAG0232_zpsd7d51624.jpg

I need a rivet gun and some snap tools but for now just trying to understand the fitments of these parts so I can start some hard assembly.

Edited by evoxpilot

I had some family issues that kept me from this project so I am back at it.

here is a link to the biceps and forearms that I taped together.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b613/evoxpilot7/IMAG0232_zpsd7d51624.jpg

I need a rivet gun and some snap tools but for now just trying to understand the fitments of these parts so I can start some hard assembly.

I'm working on the same kit (ever so slowly) and I'm having the same wonky issues with the tops of the biceps lining up oddly. I'm hoping they'll clean up once I trim the sides for strips, but from other threads you may end up trimming the top to shape. BBQTrooper and Redforce have some really good pictures:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24478-bbqtrooper-anh-stunt-ne-arrmor-tk-build/?p=307919

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24217-ne-anh-build-wip-finally/?p=304772

I'm working on the same kit (ever so slowly) and I'm having the same wonky issues with the tops of the biceps lining up oddly. I'm hoping they'll clean up once I trim the sides for strips, but from other threads you may end up trimming the top to shape. BBQTrooper and Redforce have some really good pictures:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24478-bbqtrooper-anh-stunt-ne-arrmor-tk-build/?p=307919

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24217-ne-anh-build-wip-finally/?p=304772

Those are nice and much appreciated.  Wonky is right, every category an adventure, especially that helmet. I quickly attempted to tape up the helmet and then got to the ear pieces and thought wow, these need some serious surgery.

BTW, may I ask with what tool are you cutting parts?

Edited by evoxpilot

Those are nice and much appreciated.  Wonky is right, every category an adventure, especially that helmet. I quickly attempted to tape up the helmet and then got to the ear pieces and thought wow, these need some serious surgery.

BTW, may I ask with what tool are you cutting parts?

I've been using curved Lexan scissors: http://www.rcplanet.com/Integy_Titanium_Nitride_Lexan_Curved_Scissor_p/intc23280.htm . I've also bought a pair of straight tin snips- I don't have a link, but they're pretty basic.

Plastic sandtrooper shoulder brides. Don't use them even if you are making a sandtrooper, as they were really just elastic bands.

• 1 month later...

New thighs are in so I can start a second set. by the way not sure this is AM armor either, totally confused now but moving on.

Questions for the group on the ab plate.

- Need to "cut the cod", I put some masking tape where I intend to cut (top of the blue tape) see the pic 1.  is this a good place to cut?

- second question, there are two separate pieces that need to be painted and then glued to the ab plate however they do need to be trimmed. How much trimming? do the need to be flat or can they stayed raised (minimal trimming) before they are glued on? See pic 2.

thanks in advance.

pic 1 - ab / cod

IMAG0355_zps6a72083e.jpg

pic 2- abs buttons to be painted

IMAG0354_zpsb0d72330.jpg

Edited by evoxpilot

Don't cut the cod.

Trim the two pieces that sit on the ab plate. Look at reference pictures in our gallery. It's what they are there for.

Why do you want to cut the cod ?! I second Mathias on that, you should keep the ab and the cod in one piece or you'll have issues with the strapping, the belt position for hiding the cut line, etc...

And for the ab buttons, they must be flat like on the pic below:

med_gallery_12157_16_7278.jpg

With the objective of attaining a tk number anything that would prevent that including "cutting the cod", I would certainly avoid; however there are threads that do discuss the benefits of cutting the cod making trooping easier and do not remember reading hiding the cut line was a significant issue for them.

So those were the reasons for the question.

If keep it uncut keeps me on the track with the objective, then it will remain uncut.

Why do you want to cut the cod ?! I second Mathias on that, you should keep the ab and the cod in one piece or you'll have issues with the strapping, the belt position for hiding the cut line, etc...

Edited by evoxpilot

If you really want to cut your cod you can do that after having trooped a couple of times and gotten the feel for your suit. Cutting it before then is pointless. It's also massively inaccurate.

After I read your post, I thought should slow down and just get the basics right.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

My armor is used and the cod was cut. After the first fitting, it did not look good and I ended up by fixing back at it's place.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Shins in the front are overlapped and the back uses the butted method wtih velcro to secure for now.  the front of one is CA'd by mistake and the other is E6000 so that is why they are overlapped in the front.

Need to add TK sniper knee plate once I think these are ready.  Any feedback?

pic one - front view

IMAG0369_zpsee8c1cb3.jpg

Rear view

IMAG0368_zpse70c9918.jpg