e6000 clean up?

Hey there! Im actually finally about done with my TK, but I was wondering, what do you guys use to clean up e6000 smudges? Ive been playing around with some extra abs and was using wet sand paper, which works nicely, but leaves scraches.. figured id try the novus polish after that.. also a hobby knife. How about acetone? or will that mess with the ABS? love to hear your thoughts!

<3

Acetone will melt ABS, I either used polish or just rub with your thumb works well. If you wet sand you will have go up in finer grades up to 1200 then buff with polish, that is the only way to get out scratches.

As a few people have already mentioned...

As E6000 glue dries to rubber compound, you can indeed rub off the excess with simply your finger.

What I wanted to add to the post is as follows.

If you have put too much glue under a join, such as a coverstrip, when it is clamped down with spring clamps or earth magnets, then sometimes excess glue squeezes out under the join.

You can also gather thus with your finger, and wipe the excess off while it is wet.

If you leave it to dry, then you can run a scapel or craft knife down the join, then pull off or rub off the excess dried glue.

E6000 really is a fantastic construction glue to work with.

A good advice: use an eraser to rub the ecxcess of. ( You know what I mean, this thing to eliminate pencil marks )

Works perfect on those tiny e6000 excess you cant grab with your fingers

I use a couple of methods for overspill /excess E6000 duiring a build.

When it's still wet (not cured) I use White spirit and wipe as I go. It's also good for smoothing it out on seems, I just dip a cotten bud in it and run it over the top and jobs a good 'un.

For dried overspill, the same as others have said, fingers and I also use off cuts of ABS cut to a point and just use it like a scrapper.It doesn't harm the surface and it's great because you can get right up to the edges if needed, and 9 out 10 times once you get a stringy length going you can just pull on it and the rest comes off in a straight line.

:)

Wooden spatula like your dentist/physician may use them are the way to go when you do not want to claw at your armour with your fingers. They are soft enough not to leave any scratches on the plastic. Look out for them at your local hobby store, which will be much cheaper than get them from a medical facility.