Stupid Bucket Question from Newbie

Okay, so I got a set of FX armor, and have been slowly putting it together. Still working on boots and gloves, but thats another story for another day.

As for the bucket. It seems a little big compared to the shoulders and chestplate. I placed the headband at an appropriate place so I can see out of the eye holes. This causes the helmet to hit the chest plate when i try to turn my head, and, thus, I can't turn my head very much, and have limited visibility (even more limited than just the size of the eye holes!)

Is this normal for an FX bucket? Is there a smaller bucket I can invest in? (once i assemble the appropriate funds..) I see youtube videos and whatnot with troopers, and they have much more flexability in how to turn their head. I dunno, maybe i just have a short neck/ wierd head :P . Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for all the advice from experienced troopers!

Gordon

"Naglium"

(Future TK)

Actually thats fairly normal if your not a tall guy. I know several troopers who can't turn their head or look down very well because of the proportions of the FX helmet. An accurate helmet will let you turn your head from side to side with ease, and looking down is easier but can still be challenging.

I have an FX and man you really cant see a thing in them. I jolted my head a little when my friend pointed at something on the floor and I eagerly went to "look down" and smacked myself in the chest with the bottom of my bucket. Its nice for the time being but im surely going to get a more accurate on in the future (i.e. when i get a job again)

I'm a bigger guy (6'3") and it's a little better. I can look down a "little" and I can move my head to both sides a "little". But it's not great. So even for big guys, it's still not as good as a smaller bucket. I also have to think it has to do with the chest plate and how it sticks out a little more than a smaller more accurate armor.

In addition... you can't see anything any way... :)

• 2 weeks later...
:P I have completed my first FX armour and found I could not look around all that well. It's not too bad, I can live with it (I ordered an other set of it). I found that buy shifting my chest plate a bit I can get some extra room. But with the x2 fans, 9v bat's and voice amplifier, I need the extra room.