NegativeTrooper

OK, sometimes I get these crazy ideas that I never actually follow up on, but I like to share with friends. Here is something that popped to mind the other day...

I am currently putting together my first set of armor. I am on the waiting list for an ATA Kit. It will be 6+ months until my big brown box arrives. However, I was told there isn't a wait for a set of black Shadowtrooper armor.

Now, the Shadowtroopers are pretty cool looking, but they are not "my thing", so I'm going to wait for a white kit instead of jumping on the black armor now. But, the thought of black armor lead me to my silly, non-cannon, idea.

I would like to build "Negative Trooper" armor. What I mean by "negative", is, like in a film negative, where everything that is white is black, and everything that is black is white.

So, picture if you will, a regular TK armor build, but instead of a black under suit, you were a white under suit. Instead of a black holster, you have a white holster. Instead of black gloves, you wear white gloves. And on the bucket, the mic tips are white, and you have a white band on the forehead. You would need a white next guard, and so on and so on and so on...

I've taken an image of a TK and ran it through photoshop to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Now, I don't have the extra cash to build this suit, and I'm not sure what I would do with it, but still, it's a crazy idea that crossed my mind, and I wanted to share.

Any thoughts?

post-18155-0-35649600-1361330622.jpg

As a costume it looks cool but I doubt you could have it approved. Seems like a lot of money for something non troopable, but hey if you can afford it go for it :)

you would certainly look weird standing next to me (shadow). though its feasable, eastbay sells the undersuit in other colors than black, so a grey or white set would work well paired with the white hasbro E-11 i suppose..

but srsly thats why we have the spec ops detachment lol

I love the idea. Having many photographer friends I have seen them do many a costumes based on a negative. I think I would do one of these even if it is just for fun. I already have an approved costume for the legion. Who cares if this would or wouldn't. That's not why I costume.

Megenta/Lavenderish colors it would be. :) Too funny.

He could wear it at a con. It would be kind of funny. The lenses would be magenta, I think... need a whole cadre of them.

Definitely a neat idea and you could always wear it to cons and non formal events. Would make a great second suit for those occasions. If you do make one, even if it's way down the road, I'm sure we'd love to see some action shots.

Seems pretty straight forward to do. If you have a shadow trooper kit, most of the hard work is done. You wouldn't need to paint the jodpuhrs, only the sole! However, white leather for the holster might be troublesome. Time for some dye I think.

You could possibly do a shadow trooper (well maybe) and make interchangeable parts for the helmet (lenses, mic tips, white frown decal, painted brow) and possibly have an approved costume as well as a fun one for cons and stuff.