Which hasbro blaster? (year? disney? etc..)

Redforce

Ok. I have a resin built E-ll and a hyper-firm. I would like to convert a hasbro blaster with a doopydoos conversion. I haven't got my hands on a hasbro blaster yet. I notice there are different ones out there.....( disney. white, black, ESB, ROTJ etc....) Is there any specific hasbro blaster that works best with the kit as far as the parts connecting/fitting??

I don't know which kit works best, but I have a white hasbro blaster that was painted over with black paint. After trooping with it, the black paint has worn off on the handle where I am always holding it revealing the white plastic underneath. If I could do it all over again, I would have started with a black plastic gun, not the white one, that way any paint that wore off, would only reveal more black and not white underneath.

Edited by bluehickey

The Doopy's kit is made for pretty much all the Hasbro verisons from '95 on, I did mine on a white one that came in the orange box from 96 I believe, I also have a Star Tours white one that is identical too.

I layered paint on starting with primer, then silver, then the black. This allowed weathering by scratching as well as dusting silver after the black was applied.

The difference between primer and self etching primer is that se has a zinc acid (or something) that eats a little bit into steel so the paint doesn't flake off from metal. I've never used se primer on plastic but I would assume problems would arise. Krylon fusion is made for plastic.

Well done, don't forget to have a look at the how to's for extra mods to the blaster. There are lot's of hasbro builds so do some research while waiting for the mailman :D

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2013 at 12:31 PM, kecro said:

Anthony here is my hasbro E-11 w/doopydoos conversion kit on it. It was the white version and bought it at disney for $24

I checked the Disney store and didn't come up with anything? Where did you say you got this?