What Does Your TK ID Represent

gmrhodes13

Sorry I dont know why but I about fell out of my chair laughing at that.

"Like a lot of things in life, we laugh because it's funny and we laugh because it's true."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to play around with mine but it is a make up of my late father's birthday (5/3/40) 4053, because without him and his willingness to take me to see a silly science fiction movie when I was 9 I never would have started this obsession. Of course, if he was still alive he would be sharing in this obsession along with me as he loved the films as much as I do.

• 2 months later...

Growing up, for me, music was a strong source of creativity and self-expression.  One of the most influential bands in my life has been the British post-punk group ‘Joy Division’.  On their album ‘Unknown Pleasures’, there is a black and white graphic that is pretty well known.  That graphic is of a Pulsar named CP-1919. 

My TK number is derived from it.  When that pulsar was discovered, they originally thought it was evidence of life in the universe, because the signal they recorded had a discernible pattern.  It wasn’t long before  they realized it was only a pulsar, but for a brief moment they thought they were listening to a story from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…. 

I like visual patterns so I made my number into a palindrome.  Also, it was kind of fun that the album graphic is black and white which of course are a Stormtrooper’s base colors.

I, like Echo, got my TK # by looking to my favorite/most influential band . . . 311.  I also included some of my other favorite pastime, reading science fiction novels. 

So,

42 = Douglas Adams' meaning of life (by way of Deep Thought)

311 = the band stands for Unity in all forms

So, the "meaning of life" is "unity" (42 311).

Cool thread.  It's fun reading how you all come up with your #'s. 

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my ID number so I can add to this. I chose 81337 and it stands for "B Leet"  I grew up with hacker culture, and it has really helped shape who I've become as an adult. I'm now a moderately successful programmer, and hobbyist game designer, and I always strive to be 1337 in everything I do. Some people may think it's silly. But it suits me.

Combo of Five's ID number from the Clone Wars (CT-27-5555) and my SSN which ends in 555 = 27555

and it's easy to remember!

• 1 year later...

There is also a thread on the legion forum which can be an interesting read for those interested

https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102646&hilit=tkid