Undersuits

I know we have a few threads on this, but I wanted to get a thread going on more options and weights of undersuits.

I am currently using a dance suit from TT. I like it, but its time to replace it. Simi thin, and damn cold in the winter.

I looked into under armor, but dont want a two piece. Do they make a onesie? Cold gear for the winter might work better.

A Wet suit is way to hot. and thick.

So remembering an old thread, I got a suit from Spandexman.com (Dont dig in there too deep though. Scary site.)

But anyway, Its for trooping. I went the gusto and got the hooded and gloved suit. Should be cool to take my bucket off and be a blank man. :lol: Like a walking mannaquin.

Other than those mentioned, Anyother options out there? Reviews?

Why don't you want a two piece? I hated the one piece.

I have a set of the Underarmour summer pants and a set of the Underarmour winter pants. And for the top, I have one of Wyatt's shirt/neckseal combos.

I love the fact that I can just wear the Underarmour pants under my jeans on my way to a troop, since we are normally changing in public (parking lots...)

I use Wyatt's version of under armor shirt (built in neck seal) and UA pants (either cold gear or thin for warmer weather) depending on the day. The combo works great.

I have underarmor 2 piece set up and TK-409's neckseal. For 1 piece fans, I also have and like using an all black dive undersuit (it goes on underneath your wetsuit). It's lycra light and very durable. Cost is about $80-$100.

The two piece dosent ride up? I was worried about bunching and haveing to adjust...

I too wear my ndersuit under my clothes to the troop. I was eyeballing Wyatts as well... Hmmm...

The two piece dosent ride up? I was worried about bunching and haveing to adjust...

I too wear my ndersuit under my clothes to the troop. I was eyeballing Wyatts as well... Hmmm...

Mine doesn't. Even during the Rose Parade. Never had any problems with the two-piece route. Actually I like that I can wear them under my street clothes to an event.

I had more of an issue with the onepeice - it was very uncomfortable for me, it would ride up if you did any kind of arm movement.

I love Wyatt's shirt - neckseal combo. I never have to worry about the neckseal coming untucked either.

• 2 months later...

I've ordered one of Wyatt's shirts w/ the neckseal, and a set of UA pants (for hot weather)...I'm glad to see that it is a popular combo! Not that I care too much for popularity, but since you all have more experience with trooping than I do, then it means that I didn't mess up too badly :lol: .

It is very difficult to wait out the final few weeks until I either have or have ordered all my armor and components! :unsure::blink::D

Renaissance dancewear also makes custom one piece suits according to your measurements. Believe they also made the undersuits for the tour suits. I'm pretty impressed with the fit and comfort level. Can add zippers in all the right places as well as thumb loops for the sleeves...

• 2 weeks later...
black body paint! :P

Hey Bernard, a while back a guy mentioned this as a joke, but then posted a pic of him in 1/2 black body paint in a historical re-creation event. I told him I'd be willing to try it on a hot summer day, but he never took me up on it... :o

• 1 month later...

Dudes... Check this out...

I have to mod it a little, but it is kinda cool when you take you lid off... Freaks people out.

I ordered a full coverage suit. Fingers gotta go though, sticks to all the velcro parts. I havent had a bunching prob, and I can see fairly well. I wouldnt use it for canon stuff, but will use it for partys.

It is cool to have a spandex sweat liner in the gloves and the helmet. Wicks away sweat so far so good...