Shoulder bells seem to drift back... any advice?

anphrax

I'm a little bigger (probably pushing the limits of my ATA but everything else modified fits just fine ;) ) but my shoulder bells keep "rotating" back. This was not an issue before I connected my upper arm pieces to my bells on the inside. Does anyone have any advice? I would not be against picking up a RT Mod set if they are larger. I just feel like my shoulders might be too big for these ones...

UuQXX.jpg

hHEFI.jpg

In this photo you can see that my bells and upper arms were not connected so my bells were closer to my body:

xkUFf.jpg

Should I cut off some of the return edge on it to get it more flush with my upper arms?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I have been plagued with the same issue on my AM bells ever since I put my armour together.

It apparently has something to do with connecting the tw bells with a length of elastic along the back o your neck, and making sure that it is taut.

Allegedly this forces them to rotate forward.

I never got to make that work though. :P

To keep mine forward I attached the strap forward of center on both the shoulder bell AND on the underside of the shoulders strapping.

So you didn't attach them directly in the center on the inside of the shoulder bells?

Originally yes. But they still would rotate back. So I moved the connection forward to help force them to rotate forward more. I tried a couple spots until I got a happy balance when my arms are up vs down.

I had this issue. I simply added a new snap directly forward of the old snap on the white elastic that held my shoulder bell in place. This fixed the problem for me. No more worrying about the shoulder bell rotating back!

I have been plagued with the same issue on my AM bells ever since I put my armour together.

It apparently has something to do with connecting the tw bells with a length of elastic along the back o your neck, and making sure that it is taut.

Allegedly this forces them to rotate forward.

I never got to make that work though. :P

the original suits didn't have a strap across the back.

the solution is placement of the snap at the top of the shoulder, putting the snap forward instead of in the middle of the shoulder bridge.

I also connect the shoulder bell to the front of the bicep and keep my biceps rotated.

and finally the screen accurate way of putting the forearm attached to the bicep completes the rotation and placement issue.

I would not cut of the return at the base of the shoulder.

your straps need to be shorter, the shoulder bells should point outwards and not follow a vertical line, more of an angle.

your straps need to be shorter, the shoulder bells should point outwards and not follow a vertical line, more of an angle.

I added another snap to shorten my strap between my bell and my bridge portion but all that did was tug the bridge portion (a piece of material like cotton same as my belt) out. I guess I should lengthen the strap between my bell and my upper arm?

I cheat by putting velcro at the top of the shoulder bell strap and put it between the bell strap and the shoulder bridge.

this keeps the bell strap locked in place.

snap strap and smokin' velcro!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/37-howto-create-a-bicep-strap-hook/

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I had the same problem, as above just moved the snaps further forward on my shoulder straps and that seems to have fixed the problem

What Clamps said. Moving the snap plate inside the top of the bell to pre-rotate it is such simple genius. Someday when I find some better shoulder elastic that doesn't pull out from under my bridges that's my plan.

-Eric

I think I am going to try lengthening the strap between my bell and my upper arm and then shortening the connection between my bell and my bridge. As it is currently if I make it tighter between my bell and bridge all it does is pull the material of my bridge out and looks like crap.

Thanks again for all the advice!