My Stormtrooper SDS ANH display

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to share some pics with you of my current ANH display, I know this display is not screen accurate but I think It's not that bad.

Before to have a SDS stunt helmet I used the battle spec helmet and I did not like how It was, this is why I bought the SDS stunt helmet...

I was lucky to buy all these SDS pieces before the price jump on the SDS website...

I wish I had instead a TE armor or something like that...

So this is what I have on my display : a full SDS armor in ABS + a SDS stunt helmet in styrene + a resin blaster , all of these things on a 6ft bendies mannequin.

Here's some pics :

SDS DISPLAY 1

SDS DISPLAY 2

SDS DISPLAY 3

SDS DISPLAY 4

SDS DISPLAY 5

Nice work Pal, it looks really good.

My display TK is almost finished too, and is already on guard duty in the hall. All he needs now is his new hands to arrive and I am waiting on some white Silicone rubber to make his shoulder straps from. I have the straps that came with the AP, but I just don't think they sit right.

That is a brilliant improvement.

with the different angle and lighting they look like two different helmets.

Stormtrooper eyes are the main

focal point and if they look wrong the whole helmet looks wrong.

The thing that amazes me is how different angles/lighting make soo much difference when observing the helmet.

cheers for posting

The thing that amazes me is how different angles/lighting make soo much difference when observing the helmet.

Thank you,

The lightning is very important like most of the helmets we see in star wars. A bad lightning can make things bad even If you have a real helmet or a screen accurate one.

We are used to see some kind of particular lightning.

I'm sure a vader helmet for exemple under the sun would look strange like some stormtroopers helmets...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This looks great Michael . As right now today in fact, I am just about to buy a set just like yours (from SDS) and I was searching for some references, (like yours) Please advise.

Please get back to me direct if you can to: dan_casmed@yahoo.com.mx

Have you tried it on, your armor for trooping or just to display it?

How tall are you, regarding the size of the armor , I am 1.87 metters height.

Your Stunt helmet. Have you use it or as well just for display?

In my case I want to get the battles spect and the armor. Again, please get back to me direct if you can to: dan_casmed@yahoo.com.mx

Regards from Mexico.

Great display!!

interesting...as an SDS owner myself, it's good to see they make the right thigh on all their armor a weee bit bigger than the left, and not just my set. I had to take an inch out to help even it up.

either that or I'd have to bulk up my right thigh, and well, no. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I don't post often on the forum but I wanted to show you some details improved on my SDS battle spec helmet.

(I showed some pics before but now I prefer the new details I did)

Just imagine before,When I received it I was very disapointed, ok the ears are not well made but It's not the most important thing. The eyes were cuted realy badly.

I realized that the most important thing is the eyes and the brow trim position, It does a lot of things.

storm23rx.jpg

So I modified and changed the brow trim + I worked again on the eyes and here's the result:

comp1k.jpg

74276706.jpg

And here's the result on the mannequin with SDS armor :

456007.jpg

Edited by mikajedi

Nice display! Great looking lid collection you got Michael :duim:

Like a few before me asked, could ya do a HQ pix rundown of your other helmets :smiley-sw013: and your Vader as wellstar-wars-smiley-6456.gif