Different versions of E-11 Blasters/scopes for ANH Stunt?

challenge64

I cannot seem to find a lot of information on how the E-11s were decked out for the Stunt TKs in ANH. I can find lots of info..but it doesn't really seem to answer these questions -

For the Stunt ANH -

1 - What scope is more realistic to the screen used blasters? The M19, M38, or M40?

2 - Are all three scopes accepted all the way up to Centurion?

3 - Are the Hengstler 400 counters on all versions of the E-11?

4 - What about the wires attached to the counters?

5 - Cylinders. Required up to Centurion?

Is there some back story to the different version of E-11 Blasters used? IE - Sand Troopers use one version, Death Star another? Or is it the actors grabbed whatever and used whatever?

Don't know if this is any help to you but here is a couple of links to have a look at showing different versions of the E-11 :

http://www.partsofsw.com/e11_a2.htm

http://www.partsofsw.com/e11guide.htm

I think the actors grabbed whatever is likely, especially for ANH. I know the sandtrooper E-11's were different becuase they couldnt bring weapons into Tunisia. So they were cut off at the back and have no triggers. They were reassembled once they go there and they have a seam on the back where they were put back together.

I think all the deathstar stormies had the cylinders in ANH. ESB did not.

They all had counters in ANH, ESB did not

the wires seem to vary from blaster to blaster.

I believe the M38 and M40 were used the most in ANH. ESB we did see the M19. But dont quote me on that for sure, someone with more knowledge should chime in. Perhaps Vern..aka TKBondservant

There were 2 different ESB blasters. Some were ANH blasters with no counters...others were the "Stunt" or "promo" blasters, which had extra greeblies and a solid scoperail with the M19 scope. They also had a flat nozzle tip with no bolts in it. The "stunt/promo" blasters are the same ones most of the snowtroopers had. Although recently we have seen some with the counterless ANH blasters as well.

For the Stunt ANH -

1 - What scope is more realistic to the screen used blasters? The M19, M38, or M40?

M38

No, EIB states that the correct style scope must be used, which is the M38.

Unsure on this one..sorry

Some had a red and a green (Han's did I think) and other than that I think most of them had black(?). A more knowledgeable person like Vern should be able to correct me on that. :)

Yes. They are requried for EIB so they are required for Centurion. EIB must be awarded before Centurion can be so all EIB reqs carry over to Cent.

Is there some back story to the different version of E-11 Blasters used? IE - Sand Troopers use one version, Death Star another? Or is it the actors grabbed whatever and used whatever?

Dunno, sorry.

Thanks for the replies. Most of my confusion is around the scope. I see that the M38 would be for ANH and M19 for ESB?

Exactly.

The M40 is close to the M38 but was not used as far as I know. Some people offer them for sale as a close replica as the M38s can be hard to find.

The m19 scope was also used in ANH. And there is no proof of any coloured wires in the movie. The closest thing is a rare promo picture. The few frames you see wires are non-coiled black wires.

The m19 scope was also used in ANH. And there is no proof of any coloured wires in the movie. The closest thing is a rare promo picture. The few frames you see wires are non-coiled black wires.

Yes. And this is why I ask. I saw picts of the M19 being used in ANH, but cannot recall if it was a hero E-11 or Stunt.

Anyway this is all for a build using a decommissioned Sterling, the correct Eagle 400 Counter, and a M38 scope. Just thought I would check the scope as I am still collecting the parts (As I wait for the RT-Mod armor)

On 12/11/2012 at 10:41 AM, challenge64 said:

I cannot seem to find a lot of information on how the E-11s were decked out for the Stunt TKs in ANH. I can find lots of info..but it doesn't really seem to answer these questions -

For the Stunt ANH -

any of the above listed.

I personally believe that any would work, it depends upon the blaster. since I don't judge centurion I can't say?

In ANH there are blasters with and without counters. the counter is specified because we want to make a distinction between ESB and ANH types.

almost none of the blasters had wires, as mathias points out. and there are only a few photo ref''s to go by. personally I always leave them off.

I personally think that these should only be required depending on the blaster type... again not all stunt blasters had these.

in ANH the blasters carried by the hero's change styles... it's catch as catch can! in many scenes you see many subtle differences depending upon where the scenes were shot. in England we have one type, and in Tunisia we have another, so it really depends upon the location of the shoot as to what type of armorer they had on set.

budget was not the only consideration, it was the laws in the different districts. some e-11's were actual blank firing weapons, and some are just resin casts.

here's a post with some fun stuff on scopes and counters click photo for link to thread.

fGtD2gD.jpg&key=4cd4fbaecf7a0dd7309bbed8

click photo for link to thread.