My project: from a TM kit to a Tantive IV Boarding Party Stormtrooper

After a very busy week at work, I finally had sometime last night to work on the belt. 

First of all I have to say that after working on Sandtrooper armor for the last 5 or 6 year, this was a whole new world for me... Drop boxes, holsters and Thermal Detonators is a place I had not been in ages...

I thought that, if on top of that I added the original strapping/hardware system, I would be facing a big wall.

Big surprise is that, after figuring it out in a few minutes with help of references, TM's build thread and pointers given here, I found that working the original hardware was very easy and logic for most parts. I now can see the great pros on this way of building armor. Really love how everything falls in place no prob. And of course, Paul's experience and work shows in this amazing kit.

So....

This is where I am ATM. 

Added the knee plate:

d9691f500d2f12a51d75ed37e309f8f3_zps3c1e

And finished the Stunt Belt.

f866eb4f449b4e6925e8544c0ec9e909_zps7f92

ed8f21e006cd253b0a2ef7c4ea3dbf0c_zpsf8b0

e79c7edc08b8932b3236cbef0ae37ec2_zpsc192

Looking good I think.

And now, pretty much what is left for the body armor is adding the knee strap, the shoulder bridges and strapping everything together... Then the helmet, but thats a whole nother thing.

What do you think?

Saludos.

Main assembly is done. Now it is time for the strapping and detailing.

Body armor is all strapped together in 2 parts, front and back... Need to add the elastics to join them on the ab/kidney and shoulders.

Also all the strapping on the limbs, and add the knee belt and plastic bridges on the shoulders.

Tried to wear it and it seems that it might fit, just a hit large. But need to finish it further to be more certain.

Here a couple of pictures.

What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saludos.

I am SO drooling over this!!!! TM is some incredible armor and Paul is the MAN!!!! So attentive to his customers and knowledge to boot. Keep it up!

Edited by gazmosis

Word of advise on the loop and bar screws. Once you tighten them add a drop of superglue or fingernail polish to the nut on the end. I have had them work loose on a troop.

Once I dropped a little glue on them though they have stayed put on both my RS and TM armors with original strapping.

Looking great so far!

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I made any progress, but tonite I had the chance to work a bit on my armor. So it was the turn of the elastics on the body armor and the upper limbs.

Armor is starting to look awesome, and fits really good. Better than I thought it would due to my build and height.

Also, the more I progress the more I am amazed by the kit Paul put together for this. The armor itself is awesome, but every single elastic, screw, button and loop works and fits just perfectly with the rest of the pieces. Really a piece of art.

I do have a question atm, i want to "paint" white the elastics to simulate the white glue used on ANH armor. For that i was thinking of mixing regular white glue with white enamel paint. And brush it over the elastic on the inside of the parts. Do you guys think that would work? Or isthere a better way to do it.

Thx for any help.

So, here is a picture.

Posted Image

Saludos.

Word of advise on the loop and bar screws. Once you tighten them add a drop of superglue or fingernail polish to the nut on the end. I have had them work loose on a troop.

Once I dropped a little glue on them though they have stayed put on both my RS and TM armors with original strapping.

Looking great so far!

Thx bro.

I will do it.

Saludos.

First fitting test today. Armor feels very cool. And fits like a glove size wise. Just need to adjust s thing here and there, and then off to detailing.

What do you think?

Posted Image

Saludos.

Biceps up, forearms up a little too, shins will come up once you have boots on, other than that you are looking good :D

More pics????

Here you go...

Finished the assembly tonite. All is done and now I'll proceed to weather it and bit it up a little to make it look authentic.

This has been and awesome ride so far. I expect it to be even better. Weathering is probably my fav part (always a Sandtrooper).

Also, all strapping is done.

Waiting on the helmet. Even after having assembled probably 20 buckets, I still feel intimidated by that part.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thx for all your comments and encouraging.

And I will take in consideration the suggestions made... This has to top my previous armor in detailing and replicating the ANH style.

:)

Saludos.

Dude you suit is looking awesome.... As for painting the black elastic to simulate the white glue..... My little secret is white acrylic paint... Works asesome, and looks great..you may have to put on a few coats, wait for it to dry a bit, and do the next layer...

Great!

Thx Reza and Paul.

I think I will look for fabric paint... 

Will do some testing before going into the actual armor elastics.

Also need to buy the blue paint for the ab buttons.

Slowly getting there.

Saludos.

Hehe!

No, no real cracks. Just weathering and gaffer's tape.

But if it dies crack in the future, I will just repair it with tape.

I understand some people might not completely share my likes for the ANH look, and would not go that way. But for me that is the way to go to get the most real armor possible.

Good thing is that there is room for everyone in this hobby. :)

Hope it does not hurts too bad. Lol!

Saludos.

Good call with the cracks. I would not encourage anyone to crack their armour purposely. If they happen then deal with them as you say with gaffa tape like in the movies. And if any straps come loose, use a safety pin to keep in place. Or if they go missing, replace them with vintage string :P

Thx for your help and comments!

I had my first fitting test today. Have not even started working on my TM bucket so used an older one I built as a set for stun replica a couple years ago. The results are very encouraging I think.

Armor is now finished and ready for weathering and detailing.

Also need to trim in the proper way the back top on both shins in the Tantive IV style.

I am very confident that the armor is probably up to centurion standards as it is, but want to finish it in a replica style before even applying for TK designation. I have only a TD clearance since long ago. So...

What do you think?

1751d96c6b1f4a10d5f8bfd97394978b_zps70c616877370a732c033475eaefcf1ef4daf_zpsb098c686c6a085f46c4cf54b15df7ddeff76_zps4a84175524f36fa50de5d3c00133f2d33c22_zpsa0c64caedce708f2a8e4508d705448078ea0_zps81cc37a3cbeeb610adbb6c4b897a39de3ae8_zpse5f70238f5ec27b345582d41e5ff199a0ab7_zpsfc0ac6ca37e08c508a6782153a1ade4a1d3e_zps763d

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88