The creation of the E-11 blaster rifle

Hello there.

I was once known as "Dark Side Sith Lord", but since that was an evil Sith related quote belonging to Lucasfilm, I decided to fully go by my artist name Jehudah.

Back when I was 19, I built an E-11 blaster rifle that I photographed the building process of and published it online to be surprised of how many good comments I got from it.

Though because of several website changes and too many many many projects at hand, that build-up page was outdated and removed.

...Until now. This new version has 50 compressed widescreen photos in each page to make loading faster,

and I have gone by a request to re-shuffle the photos from the way I built the blaster to a more straight forward process,

finishing one part to move on to another instead of the confusing mix I had before.

I have also removed about 150 unnessesary photos to make it simpler and shorter, rather than having three photos just for drilling a hole...

I know there are many other options for getting E-11 blaster rifles today and that this build-up page might be obsolete,

but if anyone still wants to see this old project in a new and updated version, you can see it in my new website - Jehudah Design.

http://www.jehudahdesign.com/my-costumes/stormtrooper/blaster-rifle/the-creation-of-the-blaster-rifle-01.html

Hoping you like it :)

Be well.

- Jehudah.

Edited by Jehudah Design
  • Like 1

Thanks for liking it :D

Still I suppose there are better blasters out there today than this one from 2006,

I would have done many things differently today myself,

but at least the page is up and running again for those who wish to see it again.

Haha, pinned would be great :D

My new website is still mostly empty though, with thousands of photos for widescreenification...

Still if anyone wonders what happened to Blaster Builder's Club, they have remade their website recently too :D

http://imperial-fleet.com/main/modules.php?name=Forums

this blaster is really nice for when it came out.

the attention to detail is really good.

the only flaw is that the BBC plan that this is based upon has the cocking channel too long.

it's about 1/2" too long, making the blaster about 6/8" too long.

other than that, the details are pretty good.

we applaud you for keeping up the flame on this project!

it's probably the starting point for about 20% of the blasters

in the legion back in those days.

I've never heard about those measurements being too long before, I've been out of the whole blaster loop for a long time,

but that's good information for other people to know, so I should add that to my page also.

I suppose a 6/8" too long blaster is not the worst that could happen, but having looked at some new information about the targeting sensors

and all sorts of other parts on them that look different than what the templates showed too,

I think it's strange how we all still don't quite know what a blaster rifle from the world's most famous movie series from 1977+ looks like.

Dang, 20% of them? I knew of at least a few people who said they built theirs because of my page and wanted to get it up and running because of that,

but 20% sounds good, I'm glad I could help then :) When I first got into costume building, I used to love watching other people's build-up pages,

so that's pretty much why I chose to document most of what I build, to put some more ideas out in the web, good thing it helped.

Thanks, everyone :D

Still if anyone wonders what happened to Blaster Builder's Club, they have remade their website recently too :D

http://imperial-flee...php?name=Forums

Had a look on it, and it requested me to log in or create a account to watch a template.

Wasn´t the old BBC free for everyone to look and use the given templates? That´s what i believe to remember, just not completly sure.

Had a look on it, and it requested me to log in or create a account to watch a template.

Wasn´t the old BBC free for everyone to look and use the given templates? That´s what i believe to remember, just not completly sure.

Its still free. It take less than 5 minutes to sign up and confirm through e-mail. thats what i did just a few days ago and i got the templates with no problems

I suppose a 6/8" too long blaster is not the worst that could happen, but having looked at some new information about the targeting sensors

and all sorts of other parts on them that look different than what the templates showed too,

I think it's strange how we all still don't quite know what a blaster rifle from the world's most famous movie series from 1977+ looks like.

the great part about the evolution of the e-11 is that we have now finally found all the details

from the wires and their type and path, to the cylinders, and finally the scope rails and mounting points for

m38's and m19 scopes.

here's a series of links you might find interesting:

power cells

wires

a screen used blaster

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

@TK Bondservnt 2392 - That's great that there's a general progress in that information, I only had a few Sterling photos and the templates to go by, so I blame those for my blaster's inaccuracies :P

@Turrican - Thanks :)

@Duras - Thanks for loving it, though if you meant copying the way I made my blaster, keep in mind that not even mine is fully screen accurate, even with wrong measurements as stated here earlier, so don't use my blaster as reference. Replicas of replicas of replicas will only end up as juice blenders before becoming blaster rifles. Also I'd do many things differently today and the pages should be seen as "I did this and this to build it" and not "You should do this and this to build one". Good luck with it though ;)

Edited by Jehudah Design

@Duras - Thanks for loving it, though if you meant copying the way I made my blaster, keep in mind that not even mine is fully screen accurate, even with wrong measurements as stated here earlier, so don't use my blaster as reference. Replicas of replicas of replicas will only end up as juice blenders before becoming blaster rifles. Also I'd do many things differently today and the pages should be seen as "I did this and this to build it" and not "You should do this and this to build one". Good luck with it though ;)

yes to be clear i did mean the methods more then anything. Particularly that you didnt just glue the muzzle piece on to the end of the pipe but used the allen bolts to attach it.

I'm just in the middle of adjusting a doopy doo's kit to do the same. I like the idea of being about to take it apart later if i want to put electronics in or just want to replace a part cause damaged or learnt to make it better :)

Sure, sure. It's on there by bolts, so why not?

I might modify mine later also since I found six authentic Hengstler innards after I put a resin one on mine :o

Also I want to add that the power cylinder thread in this forum is awesome and might make me replace those on mine too :D

• 2 months later...

( ! ) - The last time I posted this build-up page, the topic was closed since I closed my old website while going Vampire hunting, mountainside mushroom picking, inventing a new pollutionless engine, and so forth.

This time I will just rearrange my costume pages a bit, so the link won't work for a little while but will come back, so no need to close this new topic.

The magic word of successful costume page rearrangement will be - - YERP!