Detonator clips

I found some scrap aluminum at work and decided to try to make my own clips. After I made them I realized that the metal I used was thicker than the ones I've seen posted. Now if I need to make new ones that's fine but I was wanting to get some opinions wether or not I could use these.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a hard time finding what the originals looked like so I went off TKlepers videos on the design and measurements. I might make a set like that as well since it seems easier than the one with the bend and for screen accuracy. Thanks

Once again lol....... they are a little short in the back but I used up what was left from my last clips

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thxs! Just my works shop... I found some more aluminum strips at work so I might make a few more for some local guys but I wanted to make sure that the community thought these were good enough first.

Yo man... If you're willing to show your step by step process from start to finish including measurements these clips are tutorial worthy. Write it up!

Ā 

I concur... Paul's the man for this sort of thing.

Ā 

Here are a few other photos of a screen used thermal detonator from the lucasfilm archive section of the FISD reference gallery that may help:

Ā 

gallery_12157_16_27019.jpg

Ā 

gallery_12157_16_8652.jpg

Ā 

gallery_12157_16_22154.jpg

Ā 

gallery_12157_16_407.jpg

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eric

I wish I could take credit but TKleper posted two videos showing basically the same process I'm doing. I made these for my ATA armor using 2inch PVC pipe. the strips are 1inch wide and 1/8 thick. If anyone is truly desperate I can try to make some for you.